redboot without full ecos? - Embedded

This is a discussion on redboot without full ecos? - Embedded ; How/where can I get the redboot source without rummaging thru the whole ecos source? or is it integrated enough that you cannot easily build it separately?...

  1. redboot without full ecos?

    How/where can I get the redboot source without rummaging thru the whole
    ecos source? or is it integrated enough that you cannot easily build it
    separately?

  2. Re: redboot without full ecos?

    "noone" wrote in message
    newsan.2006.10.04.05.45.48.285213@all.com...
    > How/where can I get the redboot source without rummaging thru the whole
    > ecos source? or is it integrated enough that you cannot easily build it
    > separately?

    The RedBoot source is reasonably well separated from the eCos stuff.
    You can build / modify RedBoot without delving into eCos.
    The RedBoot User's Guide (part of the eCos Reference Manual) is a very
    good starting point

+ Reply to Thread