how can iI use the other config file when i`m building the kernel - Embedded

This is a discussion on how can iI use the other config file when i`m building the kernel - Embedded ; hi all, i`m trying to build my first embedded kernel with mips arch, when i type the command 'make oldconfig',the file 'arch/mips/defconfig' was loaded.and i found there are some other config file (defconfig-mtx-1,defconfig-pb1000 etc..)in the directory, how can i use ...

  1. how can iI use the other config file when i`m building the kernel

    hi all,
    i`m trying to build my first embedded kernel with mips arch,

    when i type the command 'make oldconfig',the file 'arch/mips/defconfig' was
    loaded.and i found there are some other config file
    (defconfig-mtx-1,defconfig-pb1000 etc..)in the directory, how can i use
    them?

    --
    Regards,
    yang

  2. Re: how can iI use the other config file when i`m building the kernel

    yang wrote:
    > hi all,
    > i`m trying to build my first embedded kernel with mips arch,
    >
    > when i type the command 'make oldconfig',the file 'arch/mips/defconfig' was
    > loaded.and i found there are some other config file
    > (defconfig-mtx-1,defconfig-pb1000 etc..)in the directory, how can i use
    > them?
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > yang

    Copy the required config file as .config and then proceed as
    usual..make oldconfig, make dep,make vmlinux..i guesss, that u r using
    ARCH=mips during these process along with
    CROSS_COMPILE=suitable_cross_compiler.

    ~Sudip

  3. Re: how can iI use the other config file when i`m building the kernel

    Thanks
    ????
    news:1159513945.307923.144650@i42g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...

    > yang wrote:
    > > hi all,
    > > i`m trying to build my first embedded kernel with mips arch,
    > >
    > > when i type the command 'make oldconfig',the file 'arch/mips/defconfig'

    was
    > > loaded.and i found there are some other config file
    > > (defconfig-mtx-1,defconfig-pb1000 etc..)in the directory, how can i use
    > > them?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Regards,
    > > yang

    > Copy the required config file as .config and then proceed as
    > usual..make oldconfig, make dep,make vmlinux..i guesss, that u r using
    > ARCH=mips during these process along with
    > CROSS_COMPILE=suitable_cross_compiler.
    >
    > ~Sudip

+ Reply to Thread