Code release: RedBoot config parser for Linux and a 24xx EEPROM MTDdriver - Embedded

This is a discussion on Code release: RedBoot config parser for Linux and a 24xx EEPROM MTDdriver - Embedded ; Hi all, I have released under GPL some code that some of you might find useful. 1) fconfig It is a Linux application to read and modify RedBoot configuration. I created it when I needed to synchronize Linux configuration (MAC ...

  1. Code release: RedBoot config parser for Linux and a 24xx EEPROM MTDdriver

    Hi all,

    I have released under GPL some code that some of you might find useful.

    1) fconfig
    It is a Linux application to read and modify RedBoot configuration. I
    created it when I needed to synchronize Linux configuration (MAC and IP
    addresses, UART baudrate, etc.) with RedBoot config.

    2) ee24
    It is a Linux MTD driver (kernel 2.6.x) for 24XX series of I2C eeproms.
    It supports EEPROMs with 16-bit addresses (e.g. Microchip's 24LC512),
    but could easly be adapted to work with other chips, if someone cares to
    do it ;-)

    Here is the link: http://andrzejekiert.ovh.org/software.html.en

    Both apps have been tested with Snapgear Embedded Linux running kernel
    2.6 on a custom board, IXP425-based.

    Hope this code will help someone.
    Comments welcome.

    Andrzej Ekiert

    FUT: comp.os.linux.embedded

  2. Re: Code release: RedBoot config parser for Linux and a 24xx EEPROMMTD driver

    fconfig is great...thanks allot.. !!!!!

    Kerry
    PowerNOC

    Andrzej Ekiert wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have released under GPL some code that some of you might find useful.
    >
    > 1) fconfig
    > It is a Linux application to read and modify RedBoot configuration. I
    > created it when I needed to synchronize Linux configuration (MAC and IP
    > addresses, UART baudrate, etc.) with RedBoot config.
    >
    > 2) ee24
    > It is a Linux MTD driver (kernel 2.6.x) for 24XX series of I2C eeproms.
    > It supports EEPROMs with 16-bit addresses (e.g. Microchip's 24LC512),
    > but could easly be adapted to work with other chips, if someone cares to
    > do it ;-)
    >
    > Here is the link: http://andrzejekiert.ovh.org/software.html.en
    >
    > Both apps have been tested with Snapgear Embedded Linux running kernel
    > 2.6 on a custom board, IXP425-based.
    >
    > Hope this code will help someone.
    > Comments welcome.
    >
    > Andrzej Ekiert