mingetty autologin - Embedded

This is a discussion on mingetty autologin - Embedded ; Hi, I'm trying to enable autologin on a slax based embedded linux (for a kiosk device). I changed inittab this way: original: c1:1235:respawn:/sbin/agetty 38400 tty1 linux to: c1:1235:respawn:/sbin/mingetty --noclear --autologin=root tty1 On reboot, instead of autologin, on console 1 i ...

  1. mingetty autologin

    Hi,

    I'm trying to enable autologin on a slax based embedded linux (for a
    kiosk device). I changed inittab this way:

    original:

    c1:1235:respawn:/sbin/agetty 38400 tty1 linux

    to:

    c1:1235:respawn:/sbin/mingetty --noclear --autologin=root tty1

    On reboot, instead of autologin, on console 1 i see:

    Welcome..
    slax login: root (automatic login)
    Password:

    and asks me the password. So autologin automatically writes user but
    not password. What's the problem?? :-( The same happens if I use
    another user.

  2. Re: mingetty autologin

    Omar ha scritto:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to enable autologin on a slax based embedded linux (for a
    > kiosk device). I changed inittab this way:
    >
    > original:
    >
    > c1:1235:respawn:/sbin/agetty 38400 tty1 linux
    >
    > to:
    >
    > c1:1235:respawn:/sbin/mingetty --noclear --autologin=root tty1
    >
    > On reboot, instead of autologin, on console 1 i see:
    >
    > Welcome..
    > slax login: root (automatic login)
    > Password:
    >
    > and asks me the password. So autologin automatically writes user but
    > not password. What's the problem?? :-( The same happens if I use
    > another user.

    Look at this, maybe could help
    http://www.koansoftware.com/it/art.php?art=33

    --