how to know whether the kernel supports RTP protocol - Embedded

This is a discussion on how to know whether the kernel supports RTP protocol - Embedded ; hi all, i want to transmit PS stream from a server to a client,and the server is an embedded linux, but i dont known whether the kernel supports the RTP protocol? i try to find is there any lib file ...

  1. how to know whether the kernel supports RTP protocol

    hi all, i want to transmit PS stream from a server to a client,and the
    server is an embedded linux, but i dont known whether the kernel supports
    the RTP protocol?
    i try to find is there any lib file include the character rtp, but i find
    none, but i cant sure the kernel dosent support the TRP.

    is there any way to make sure whether the kernel support RTP protocol?

    thanks

  2. Re: how to know whether the kernel supports RTP protocol

    Hello,

    [...]

    > is there any way to make sure whether the kernel support RTP protocol?

    Just a guess (I cannot look at the moment), but if you have /proc mounted,
    you could have a look there. I think somewhere are kernel internal protocols
    listed. Otherwise the output of dmesg could be worth a look.

    But, just a guess.

    Regards,
    Sebastian

  3. Re: how to know whether the kernel supports RTP protocol

    freegnu schrieb:
    > hi all, i want to transmit PS stream from a server to a client,and the
    > server is an embedded linux, but i dont known whether the kernel supports
    > the RTP protocol?
    > i try to find is there any lib file include the character rtp, but i find
    > none, but i cant sure the kernel dosent support the TRP.
    >
    > is there any way to make sure whether the kernel support RTP protocol?

    What kind of RTP support would you expect from the kernel ?

    RTP is transported through UDP. You need some kind of library
    that helps sending RTP packets (or write one yourself...)

    /S
    --
    Stefan Naewe
    stefan_DOT_naewe_AT_atlas_DOT_de