Linux embedded on SuperH - Embedded

This is a discussion on Linux embedded on SuperH - Embedded ; Hi all, I've got the HiCO.SH3 development kit by www.emtrion.com which hosts a Linux Embedded O.S. The microcontroller that's on the board is a SH3-DSP family more precisely a SH7727 by Renesas which has CPU core, DSP core, MMU, USB ...

  1. Linux embedded on SuperH

    Hi all,

    I've got the HiCO.SH3 development kit by www.emtrion.com which hosts a
    Linux Embedded O.S. The microcontroller that's on the board is a
    SH3-DSP family more precisely a SH7727 by Renesas which has CPU core,
    DSP core, MMU, USB etc.

    The fact that there is an operating system running on top of everything
    I cannot access Timer, A/D directly. I want to find a way where I can
    access all the registers without compromising the OS's integrity.

    I need to make an aquisition of a signal through the A/D converter at
    7.2kHz and make some digital elaboration with it.

    Can someone address me a link or explain how the whole system works?

    Best regards,

    Ivan Wagner.

  2. Re: Linux embedded on SuperH

    No one able to help me out?

    Ivan Wagner wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've got the HiCO.SH3 development kit by www.emtrion.com which hosts a
    > Linux Embedded O.S. The microcontroller that's on the board is a
    > SH3-DSP family more precisely a SH7727 by Renesas which has CPU core,
    > DSP core, MMU, USB etc.
    >
    > The fact that there is an operating system running on top of everything
    > I cannot access Timer, A/D directly. I want to find a way where I can
    > access all the registers without compromising the OS's integrity.
    >
    > I need to make an aquisition of a signal through the A/D converter at
    > 7.2kHz and make some digital elaboration with it.
    >
    > Can someone address me a link or explain how the whole system works?
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Ivan Wagner.

  3. Re: Linux embedded on SuperH

    Hello,

    > No one able to help me out?

    It seems not.
    Maybe you can have a look at coLinux, which is a port of the kernel on top
    of Windows NT.
    But I think they implemented it as a service which may not be appropriate
    for your purpose.

    Maybe you have to emulate some devices, or use the operating system to
    access parts of the hardware.

    I have to admit that I don't know what you really want to do... or how the
    board works.

    Hope this helps,
    Sebastian

    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I've got the HiCO.SH3 development kit by www.emtrion.com which hosts a
    > > Linux Embedded O.S. The microcontroller that's on the board is a
    > > SH3-DSP family more precisely a SH7727 by Renesas which has CPU core,
    > > DSP core, MMU, USB etc.
    > >
    > > The fact that there is an operating system running on top of everything
    > > I cannot access Timer, A/D directly. I want to find a way where I can
    > > access all the registers without compromising the OS's integrity.
    > >
    > > I need to make an aquisition of a signal through the A/D converter at
    > > 7.2kHz and make some digital elaboration with it.
    > >
    > > Can someone address me a link or explain how the whole system works?
    > >
    > > Best regards,
    > >
    > > Ivan Wagner.

+ Reply to Thread