Easy Question? x86 Linux 2.6 distribution for 32MB RAM - Embedded

This is a discussion on Easy Question? x86 Linux 2.6 distribution for 32MB RAM - Embedded ; Hello All! I hoping this a very easy question to answer. I am looking for 2.6 kernel Linux distribution that can run on 32MB RAM for an x86 PC. No X-windows required. I simply need: - Ethernet - NFS - ...

  1. Easy Question? x86 Linux 2.6 distribution for 32MB RAM

    Hello All!

    I hoping this a very easy question to answer.

    I am looking for 2.6 kernel Linux distribution that can run on 32MB
    RAM for an x86 PC.

    No X-windows required.

    I simply need:
    - Ethernet
    - NFS
    - NTP
    - Bash shell

    Thank you!

  2. Re: Easy Question? x86 Linux 2.6 distribution for 32MB RAM

    You can use One of my side projects, Aspisos.org

    mike wrote:
    > Hello All!
    >
    > I hoping this a very easy question to answer.
    >
    > I am looking for 2.6 kernel Linux distribution that can run on 32MB
    > RAM for an x86 PC.
    >
    > No X-windows required.
    >
    > I simply need:
    > - Ethernet
    > - NFS
    > - NTP
    > - Bash shell
    >
    > Thank you!

  3. Re: Easy Question? x86 Linux 2.6 distribution for 32MB RAM

    mike wrote:
    > Hello All!
    >
    > I hoping this a very easy question to answer.
    >
    > I am looking for 2.6 kernel Linux distribution that can run on 32MB
    > RAM for an x86 PC.
    >
    > No X-windows required.
    >
    > I simply need:
    > - Ethernet
    > - NFS
    > - NTP
    > - Bash shell
    >
    > Thank you!

    What about astlinux? You will also get asterisk included unless you
    don't need it.

  4. Re: Easy Question? x86 Linux 2.6 distribution for 32MB RAM

    In article <1157111359.728781.289250@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups. com>,
    Mazilo wrote:

    >mike wrote:
    >> Hello All!
    >>
    >> I hoping this a very easy question to answer.
    >>
    >> I am looking for 2.6 kernel Linux distribution that can run on 32MB
    >> RAM for an x86 PC.
    >>
    >> No X-windows required.
    >>
    >> I simply need:
    >> - Ethernet
    >> - NFS
    >> - NTP
    >> - Bash shell
    >>
    >> Thank you!

    >What about astlinux? You will also get asterisk included unless you
    >don't need it.

    Take a look at alpinelinux (www.alpinelinux.org). Has a lot of packages
    prebuilt, includes Bash, NFS, ethernet and NTP.

    --mikeb

  5. Re: Easy Question? x86 Linux 2.6 distribution for 32MB RAM

    On 31 Aug 2006 14:13:48 -0700
    "mike" wrote:

    > Hello All!
    >
    > I hoping this a very easy question to answer.
    >
    > I am looking for 2.6 kernel Linux distribution that can run
    > on 32MB RAM for an x86 PC.
    >
    > No X-windows required.
    >
    > I simply need:
    > - Ethernet
    > - NFS
    > - NTP
    > - Bash shell

    This will run on 16MB ram and a 32MB compact flash.

    Announce Release Version 1.3.2 of the Slackware EBS embedded
    development system.

    SlakbootEBS allows you to automatically generate bootable
    Slackware Style Compact Flash devices, using any of 23
    ready-to-go scripts.

    Linux kernel 2.4.33 or 2.6.17.8, text or Tiny-X Server, i486,
    uClibc-i486, pxa25x and uClibc-pxa25x architecture overlay
    choices.

    http://freshmeat.net/releases/234898/

    http://www.sysdev.org/site

    Demo: