Development tool for embedded Linux development - Embedded

This is a discussion on Development tool for embedded Linux development - Embedded ; Hi, I am currently developing an embedded linux application and so far I have been doing remote debugging with gdbserver, gdb and ddd as the human useable inteface on the linux box. Well, this is getting tedious with editing in ...

  1. Development tool for embedded Linux development

    Hi,

    I am currently developing an embedded linux application and so far I
    have been doing remote debugging with gdbserver, gdb and ddd as the
    human useable inteface on the linux box.

    Well, this is getting tedious with editing in simple test editors,
    compilation here and there, reloading the DDD, starting it and so on, I
    wonder if there are more integrated tools that will do this. Basically
    I just want to debug directly from the editor without having to go
    throught the entire process everytime.

    I am actually considering to go for something like QNX, but that's not
    Linux and I like the concept of Linux.

    Ideas,

    Jens.

  2. Re: Development tool for embedded Linux development

    The eclipse ide MAY have what you want http://www.eclipse.org/

    I think you can configure it to automate what you're doing manually with gdb
    though I've not done it myself.

    "Jens" wrote in message
    news:1156968318.335559.298620@m73g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am currently developing an embedded linux application and so far I
    > have been doing remote debugging with gdbserver, gdb and ddd as the
    > human useable inteface on the linux box.
    >
    > Well, this is getting tedious with editing in simple test editors,
    > compilation here and there, reloading the DDD, starting it and so on, I
    > wonder if there are more integrated tools that will do this. Basically
    > I just want to debug directly from the editor without having to go
    > throught the entire process everytime.
    >
    > I am actually considering to go for something like QNX, but that's not
    > Linux and I like the concept of Linux.
    >
    > Ideas,
    >
    > Jens.

  3. Re: Development tool for embedded Linux development

    We use KDevelop as development IDE and cross debugging. It works well
    most of time.

    Jens wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am currently developing an embedded linux application and so far I
    > have been doing remote debugging with gdbserver, gdb and ddd as the
    > human useable inteface on the linux box.
    >
    > Well, this is getting tedious with editing in simple test editors,
    > compilation here and there, reloading the DDD, starting it and so on, I
    > wonder if there are more integrated tools that will do this. Basically
    > I just want to debug directly from the editor without having to go
    > throught the entire process everytime.
    >
    > I am actually considering to go for something like QNX, but that's not
    > Linux and I like the concept of Linux.
    >
    > Ideas,
    >
    > Jens.

+ Reply to Thread