[Q] Porting asterisk to Linksys WRTP54G router - Embedded

This is a discussion on [Q] Porting asterisk to Linksys WRTP54G router - Embedded ; The Linksys RTP300/WRTP54G routers and PAP2v2 are all based on a TI AR7 chipset. There has been some Work-in-Progress to port OpenWRT firmware to the AR7 platform for quite sometimes and never fruitfull. I am in a need to port ...

  1. [Q] Porting asterisk to Linksys WRTP54G router

    The Linksys RTP300/WRTP54G routers and PAP2v2 are all based on a TI AR7
    chipset. There has been some Work-in-Progress to port OpenWRT firmware
    to the AR7 platform for quite sometimes and never fruitfull. I am in a
    need to port and run an asterisk on my Linksys WRTO54G router. For
    this, I tried the TI-toolchain that I extracted from a Linksys WAG54GV2
    firmware source I downloaded from a Linksys FTP site a las the
    compilation can not proceed because of missing ncurses and termcap
    libraries. I rebuilt these two libraries and am still not able to
    finish compiled asterisk for AR7, i.e. errors on final linking stage. I
    wonderd if anyone out here has managed to port/compile asterisk source
    code to an AR7 platform. If so, can you please help?

  2. Re: Porting asterisk to any router with TI AR7

    Mazilo wrote:
    > The Linksys RTP300/WRTP54G routers and PAP2v2 are all based on a TI AR7
    > chipset. There has been some Work-in-Progress to port OpenWRT firmware
    > to the AR7 platform for quite sometimes and never fruitfull. I am in a
    > need to port and run an asterisk on my Linksys WRTO54G router. For
    > this, I tried the TI-toolchain that I extracted from a Linksys WAG54GV2
    > firmware source I downloaded from a Linksys FTP site a las the
    > compilation can not proceed because of missing ncurses and termcap
    > libraries. I rebuilt these two libraries and am still not able to
    > finish compiled asterisk for AR7, i.e. errors on final linking stage. I
    > wonderd if anyone out here has managed to port/compile asterisk source
    > code to an AR7 platform. If so, can you please help?

    Looks like no one has ever done an asterisk port to a Linksys WRTP54G
    . What about porting asterisk to a Fritz box and/or any router that
    is based on a TI AR7 chipset?

+ Reply to Thread