Micrmonitor (Umon bootloader) for booting an application - Embedded

This is a discussion on Micrmonitor (Umon bootloader) for booting an application - Embedded ; Hiiiii , I am able to flash the Micromonitor on Flash memory and able to boot it up on a board which has ColdFire as its heart. But, the Umon is not completely loaded. But, It goes into a State ...

  1. Micrmonitor (Umon bootloader) for booting an application

    Hiiiii ,

    I am able to flash the Micromonitor on Flash memory and able to boot it

    up on a board which has ColdFire as its heart.
    But, the Umon is not completely loaded.

    But, It goes into a State of Monitor that is not normal.
    That is it does not match the INITIALIZE condition (This i found when i

    traced through the code to find the reason for exception). Why does it

    happen ?

    But, anyhow the prompt 'uMon>' comes correctly.

    Further, when i try to integrate the application with the Umon -> That
    is calling the application .elf file sequentially after the loading of
    the umon by changing the source code, I find that the Application is
    not getting loaded completely and it is not getting invoked properly.
    It shows the errors like :

    MALLOC Error : Heap Corrupted at Entry 0
    -
    -
    MALLOC Error : Heap Corrupted at Entry 16

    Kindly share some info / solutions with me with respect to these above
    issues.

    Tons of Thx in advans,
    Karthik Balaguru

  2. Re: Micrmonitor (Umon bootloader) for booting an application

    KBG wrote:
    > Hiiiii ,
    >
    > I am able to flash the Micromonitor on Flash memory and able to boot it
    >
    > up on a board which has ColdFire as its heart.
    > But, the Umon is not completely loaded.
    >

    > But, It goes into a State of Monitor that is not normal.
    > That is it does not match the INITIALIZE condition (This i found when i
    >
    > traced through the code to find the reason for exception). Why does it
    >
    > happen ?
    >

    > But, anyhow the prompt 'uMon>' comes correctly.
    >

    > Further, when i try to integrate the application with the Umon -> That
    > is calling the application .elf file sequentially after the loading of
    > the umon by changing the source code, I find that the Application is
    > not getting loaded completely and it is not getting invoked properly.
    > It shows the errors like :
    >
    > MALLOC Error : Heap Corrupted at Entry 0
    > -
    > -
    > MALLOC Error : Heap Corrupted at Entry 16
    >

    > Kindly share some info / solutions with me with respect to these above
    > issues.
    >

    > Tons of Thx in advans,
    > Karthik Balaguru

    Karthik,
    Sounds like your uMon port isn't complete. Did you figure out why the
    initial state isn't correct? No sense going further until that's
    resolved.
    This is probably best discussed on the MicroMonitor email list.
    Ed

  3. Re: Micrmonitor (Umon bootloader) for booting an application

    Hi Ed Sutter,

    Yes, i have solved that initialisation issues . Your info was really
    very helpful to me. Thankyou for your info. Now, I am into integration
    of the application with the Umon and resolving some issues w.r.t it.

    Thankyou for the responses in the Micromonitor mail list.

    For the above , I had cygwin environment for porting Umon and that
    looks almost fine now .

    Now i am playing with Compilation of Umon in Code warrior environment
    so that it would be easy for debugging. I have resolved the compilation
    issues.

    But, i would like to know the critical things that i need to take into
    consideration as there might be compiler dependencies that may hit at
    later stage in the effective functionality of Umon .

    Have you tried in Codewarrior environment and have some info with
    respect to it.

    Kindly share some info w.r.t the above stuffs.

    Thanks and Warm Regards,
    Karthik Balaguru

  4. Re: Micrmonitor (Umon bootloader) for booting an application

    Hi Ed Sutter,

    I am able to compile/link the Umon well in Codewarrior environment now.
    I think, this would ease the debugging the integration of the
    application with Umon on Coldfire.

    Did resolve lot of issues w.r.t Compiler dependencies.
    Typecast,,, assembly and c mixing. putting macros in files etc..

    LDT files in the place of LCF files .

    Now Umon boots up and I am able to see the 'UMON>' prompt now and able
    to do
    some basic commands.

    But, still the TFS is showing some problem.

    Thanks and Warm Regards,
    Karthik Balaguru

+ Reply to Thread