Cross compiler - Embedded

This is a discussion on Cross compiler - Embedded ; Hi All, I'm desperately looking for a gcc cross compiler for the pxa250. I recently bought a Sharp Zaurus SL-B500 and want to build some software for it. Most articles I found on the internet are only telling me that ...

  1. Cross compiler

    Hi All,

    I'm desperately looking for a gcc cross compiler for the pxa250. I recently
    bought a Sharp Zaurus SL-B500 and want to build some software for it.

    Most articles I found on the internet are only telling me that it's out
    there, but don't offer any links. Is it in gcc already? Am I able to
    produce binaries for this CPU with gcc (GCC) 4.1.0 (SUSE Linux).

    I pretty much in the woods at the moment.

    Kind regards.
    --
    Peter M. Groen
    Open Systems Development

  2. Re: Cross compiler

    On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 17:39:59 +0200, Peter M. Groen wrote:

    >Hi All,

    >I'm desperately looking for a gcc cross compiler for the pxa250. I recently
    >bought a Sharp Zaurus SL-B500 and want to build some software for it.

    >Most articles I found on the internet are only telling me that it's out
    >there, but don't offer any links. Is it in gcc already? Am I able to
    >produce binaries for this CPU with gcc (GCC) 4.1.0 (SUSE Linux).

    >I pretty much in the woods at the moment.

    >Kind regards.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=linux...Zaurus+SL-B500
    http://www.handheld-linux.com/swi/sh...hp?license=GPL
    http://www.handheld-linux.com/swi/sh...il.php?app=761

  3. Re: Cross compiler

    Peter M. Groen wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I'm desperately looking for a gcc cross compiler for the pxa250. I recently
    > bought a Sharp Zaurus SL-B500 and want to build some software for it.
    >
    > Most articles I found on the internet are only telling me that it's out
    > there, but don't offer any links. Is it in gcc already? Am I able to
    > produce binaries for this CPU with gcc (GCC) 4.1.0 (SUSE Linux).

    openzaurus.org
    familiar.org
    kegel.com/crosstool

    Oh, and stay away from gcc 4.1 for crosscompiling. You really want gcc
    3.3 or 3.4, unless someone else has done all the bleeding for you.

    --Yan

  4. Re: Cross compiler

    Peter M. Groen wrote:
    > I'm desperately looking for a gcc cross compiler for the pxa250. I recently
    > bought a Sharp Zaurus SL-B500 and want to build some software for it.

    You might take a look at 'Cross Linux From Scratch'.
    Their examples are for an ARM processor like the pxa250.

  5. Re: Cross compiler

+ Reply to Thread