spansion flash - Embedded

This is a discussion on spansion flash - Embedded ; Hi Can anybody tell me the driver drive spansion flash is CFI driver or AMD/JEDEC driver or both not ?????? my flash can't find in kernel, always prompt that found no physical device on zero, I trace the road of ...

  1. spansion flash

    Hi
    Can anybody tell me the driver drive spansion flash is CFI driver or
    AMD/JEDEC driver or both not ?????? my flash can't find in kernel,
    always prompt that found no physical device on zero, I trace the road
    of kernel executing, it can't obtain mtd_info after calling cfi_probe
    and jedec_probe.

    Thanks&Regards
    Kevin

  2. Re: spansion flash

    Kevin,
    Spansion is AMD and CFI compatible. Note that on the 1Gbit device,
    there is an errata in that the CFI probe does not generate the correct
    sector count. The device returns a value of 0x300 instead of 0x400.
    Spansion is aware of this and will be fixing it
    in a later rev of the silicon. Not sure if this is related to your
    problem, but figured I'd mention it anyway.
    Ed

    Kevin wrote:
    > Hi
    > Can anybody tell me the driver drive spansion flash is CFI driver or
    > AMD/JEDEC driver or both not ?????? my flash can't find in kernel,
    > always prompt that found no physical device on zero, I trace the road
    > of kernel executing, it can't obtain mtd_info after calling cfi_probe
    > and jedec_probe.
    >
    > Thanks&Regards
    > Kevin

+ Reply to Thread