Linux kernel 2.6.17.6 compilation error w/ ML403 platform config. - Embedded

This is a discussion on Linux kernel 2.6.17.6 compilation error w/ ML403 platform config. - Embedded ; Hi, when building the 2.6.17.6 kernel w/ the default ml403_platform config file, I get an error message relative to the include/asm/processor.h file and an undefined CONFIG_x86_L1_CACHE identifier. Could someone help me finding out what this problem is about? I found ...

  1. Linux kernel 2.6.17.6 compilation error w/ ML403 platform config.

    Hi,

    when building the 2.6.17.6 kernel w/ the default ml403_platform config
    file, I get an error message relative to the include/asm/processor.h
    file and an undefined CONFIG_x86_L1_CACHE identifier. Could someone
    help me finding out what this problem is about? I found nothing very
    usefull on the internet.

    Many thanks,

    Eric

    PS: I use binutils-2.17 & gcc-4.1.1.

  2. Re: Linux kernel 2.6.17.6 compilation error w/ ML403 platform config.

    > when building the 2.6.17.6 kernel w/ the default ml403_platform config
    > file, I get an error message relative to the include/asm/processor.h
    > file and an undefined CONFIG_x86_L1_CACHE identifier. Could someone
    > help me finding out what this problem is about? I found nothing very
    > usefull on the internet.

    Well, I'm by no means an expert here, but I assume when you are
    referencing the ml403 platform, you're talking about the PowerPC core
    embedded in the Virtex 4 FX FPGA. From your error, it sounds like you
    are pulling in x86-related headers. So I'd guess that you haven't
    properly selected your architecture (i.e., PowerPC instead of x86).

    John

+ Reply to Thread