copile busybox using uclibc - Embedded

This is a discussion on copile busybox using uclibc - Embedded ; hi, Can any one help me out how to compile busybox using uclibc. i am not getting where i have to make change so thet when i compile busybox it is copiled using uclibc thanks meenal...

  1. copile busybox using uclibc

    hi,
    Can any one help me out how to compile busybox using uclibc. i am not
    getting where i have to make change so thet when i compile busybox it
    is copiled using uclibc
    thanks
    meenal

  2. Re: copile busybox using uclibc

    Edit the Maekfile and look for these lines:

    110 # For other libraries, you are on your own...
    111 #LDFLAGS+=-nostdlib
    112 #LIBRARIES = $(LIBCDIR)/lib/libc.a -lgcc
    113 #CROSS_CFLAGS+=-nostdinc -I$(LIBCDIR)/include -I$(GCCINCDIR)
    114 #GCCINCDIR = $(shell gcc -print-search-dirs | sed -ne "s/install:
    \(.*\)/\1include/gp")

    Mogens

    Meenal Gupta skrev:

    > hi,
    > Can any one help me out how to compile busybox using uclibc. i am not
    > getting where i have to make change so thet when i compile busybox it
    > is copiled using uclibc
    > thanks
    > meenal

  3. Re: copile busybox using uclibc

    Sorry,
    But i cant see these lines in Busybox/Makefile
    Can you be a bit clearer of what you are tring to tell, actually i am
    a newbie in linux.
    Thanks,
    Meenal
    Winther wrote:
    > Edit the Maekfile and look for these lines:
    >
    > 110 # For other libraries, you are on your own...
    > 111 #LDFLAGS+=-nostdlib
    > 112 #LIBRARIES = $(LIBCDIR)/lib/libc.a -lgcc
    > 113 #CROSS_CFLAGS+=-nostdinc -I$(LIBCDIR)/include -I$(GCCINCDIR)
    > 114 #GCCINCDIR = $(shell gcc -print-search-dirs | sed -ne "s/install:
    > \(.*\)/\1include/gp")
    >
    > Mogens
    >
    > Meenal Gupta skrev:
    >
    > > hi,
    > > Can any one help me out how to compile busybox using uclibc. i am not
    > > getting where i have to make change so thet when i compile busybox it
    > > is copiled using uclibc
    > > thanks
    > > meenal

  4. Re: copile busybox using uclibc

    Sorry, it didn't catch that you where a newbie.

    When you compile the busybox project the standard gcc compiler and the
    standard libs will be use if nothing else is specified. If you want to
    tell gcc (the compiler) and ld (the linker) that it should a different
    lib you have to define "-nostdlib" and then tell the compiler and the
    linker where to find the libs you want to use insted of the standard
    libs. ( Hope that helped a bit :-) )

    Do you use a cross compiler?

    Which version of busybox do you use?

    Mogens
    Meenal Gupta skrev:

    > Sorry,
    > But i cant see these lines in Busybox/Makefile
    > Can you be a bit clearer of what you are tring to tell, actually i am
    > a newbie in linux.
    > Thanks,
    > Meenal
    > Winther wrote:
    > > Edit the Maekfile and look for these lines:
    > >
    > > 110 # For other libraries, you are on your own...
    > > 111 #LDFLAGS+=-nostdlib
    > > 112 #LIBRARIES = $(LIBCDIR)/lib/libc.a -lgcc
    > > 113 #CROSS_CFLAGS+=-nostdinc -I$(LIBCDIR)/include -I$(GCCINCDIR)
    > > 114 #GCCINCDIR = $(shell gcc -print-search-dirs | sed -ne "s/install:
    > > \(.*\)/\1include/gp")
    > >
    > > Mogens
    > >
    > > Meenal Gupta skrev:
    > >
    > > > hi,
    > > > Can any one help me out how to compile busybox using uclibc. i am not
    > > > getting where i have to make change so thet when i compile busybox it
    > > > is copiled using uclibc
    > > > thanks
    > > > meenal

  5. Re: copile busybox using uclibc

    Hello ,

    One simple solution is, download a pre-built compiler which uses
    uclibc. USe that toolchain to build your busybox!

    Best Regards,
    Vivekanandan M

  6. Re: copile busybox using uclibc

    Vivekanandan M you are right .... that is a god and easy solution.

+ Reply to Thread