tutorial - Embedded

This is a discussion on tutorial - Embedded ; Hi, Im looking for a good step by step tutorial on how to embed an OS; from what iv'e heard I would use busybox, onto a flash card for embedded device. Any webite will help. Also im slackware 10.2 with ...

  1. tutorial

    Hi,
    Im looking for a good step by step tutorial on how to embed an OS; from
    what iv'e heard I would use busybox, onto a flash card for embedded
    device. Any webite will help. Also im slackware 10.2 with the 2.16.x
    kernel, and a sokris board

    ~Jimmie

  2. Re: tutorial

    jimi_xyz@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Im looking for a good step by step tutorial on how to embed an OS; from
    > what iv'e heard I would use busybox, onto a flash card for embedded
    > device. Any webite will help. Also im slackware 10.2 with the 2.16.x
    > kernel, and a sokris board
    >
    > ~Jimmie

    NVM sorry to waste your time, i should of just googled it hahaha my
    bad.

    ~Jimmie

  3. Re: tutorial

    For PPC: http://penguinppc.org/embedded/howto/
    jimi_xyz@hotmail.com skrev:

    > jimi_xyz@hotmail.com wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > Im looking for a good step by step tutorial on how to embed an OS; from
    > > what iv'e heard I would use busybox, onto a flash card for embedded
    > > device. Any webite will help. Also im slackware 10.2 with the 2.16.x
    > > kernel, and a sokris board
    > >
    > > ~Jimmie

    > NVM sorry to waste your time, i should of just googled it hahaha my
    > bad.
    >
    > ~Jimmie

  4. Re: tutorial

    On 23 Jul 2006 19:57:08 -0700
    "jimi_xyz@hotmail.com" wrote:

    > jimi_xyz@hotmail.com wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > Im looking for a good step by step tutorial on how to embed
    > > an OS; from what iv'e heard I would use busybox, onto a
    > > flash card for embedded device. Any webite will help. Also
    > > im slackware 10.2 with the 2.16.x kernel, and a sokris board

    This might help you:

    Announce Release Version 1.3.2 of the Slackware EBS embedded
    development system.

    SlakbootEBS allows you to automatically generate bootable
    Slackware Style Compact Flash devices, using any of 23
    ready-to-go scripts.

    Linux kernel 2.4.33 or 2.6.17.8, text or Tiny-X Server, i486,
    uClibc-i486, pxa25x and uClibc-pxa25x architecture overlay
    choices.

    http://freshmeat.net/releases/234898/

    http://www.sysdev.org/site

    Demo: