porting linux2.6 on ARM922T based board - Embedded

This is a discussion on porting linux2.6 on ARM922T based board - Embedded ; Hello all, I am trying to cross compile the kernel for ARM922T based board. I have downloaded the kernel source. The kernel compilation steps given on arm-linux ask me to: For 2.6 kernels, the process is similar. Use _defconfig to ...

  1. porting linux2.6 on ARM922T based board

    Hello all,
    I am trying to cross compile the kernel for ARM922T based board. I
    have downloaded the kernel source. The kernel compilation steps given
    on arm-linux ask me to:

    For 2.6 kernels, the process is similar. Use _defconfig to
    select the machine, eg:
    bash$ make netwinder_defconfig

    there is no config file in my linux folder. I guess it is specific to
    the machine for which I am compiling my kernel How should I get it?

    Thanks and Regards,
    Noor

  2. Re: porting linux2.6 on ARM922T based board

    noor.fatma@gmail.com schrieb:

    > there is no config file in my linux folder. I guess it is specific to
    > the machine for which I am compiling my kernel How should I get it?

    /usr/src/linux/arch/arm/config

    Start with the file that fits best, make a copy and modify it to suit
    your board.

    --
    Linards Ticmanis

+ Reply to Thread