Virtual Machine that can run embedded Linux - Embedded

This is a discussion on Virtual Machine that can run embedded Linux - Embedded ; Hello, I'm looking for an application and hopefully a device that I could use to run 2 instances of an embedded linux OS on a cellular phone. The phone would ideally boot into the virtual machine monitor (VMM) and then ...

  1. Virtual Machine that can run embedded Linux

    Hello,

    I'm looking for an application and hopefully a device that I could use
    to run 2 instances of an embedded linux OS on a cellular phone. The
    phone would ideally boot into the virtual machine monitor (VMM) and
    then load the 2 seperate operation systems both as virtual machines.
    The architecture is unimportant as long as there is currently a mobile
    phone supporting it and a VMM supporting it.

    If anyone has any information, references, or resources that they could
    point me to, I would really appreciate it. Or if anyone knows of any
    emulators for developing (linux or windows x86) I would also appreciate
    it.

    Thanks
    -Chris D.

  2. Re: Virtual Machine that can run embedded Linux

    I did not have much knowledge on that but if you just do Linux there is
    XEN and "user mode Linux" and supposedly some more choices.

    If you need the "other" OS for realtime or security purpose there is
    RTAI (free open source) and PikeOS (commercial by SysGO) and some others.

    -Michael

+ Reply to Thread