Hi,

I'm trying to work with the framebuffer, but I'm stuck on basics and
I'm totaly new to the framebuffer stuff, and embedded . I've tried to
compile a simple program that should just paint a square on the screen
(http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/qtopiac...amebuffer.html). My
problem is, that is not painting a square on the screen, instead it
paints a lot of noncence all over the screen as if something is terribly
wrong with the framebuffer. I'm totally new to this framebuffer stuff,
so I don't know where to look to resolve this problem.
My Linux Embedded is on a x86 architectur and lspci -vv is listed
below. Using make menuconfig I see that Device drivers --> Graphics
support -->
VGA 16-color graphics support
VESA VGA graphics support
VESA driver type (vesafb-tng)
(640x480@60) VESA default mode

and
Device drivers --> Graphics support --> Console display driver support
Framebuffer Console support

in my grub.conf, I've tried lots and lots of different things, I've
ended upp with:
kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda3 video=sisfb:mode:1024x768x32

The output from the test program (except drawing lots of junk on screen) is:
The framebuffer device was opened successfully.
1024x768, 32bpp
The framebuffer device was mapped to memory successfully.

Please, help me, tell me what is wrong, or where to search for a solution??

lspci -vv:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]
65x/M650/740 PCI/AGP VGA Display Adapter (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Unknown device 8081
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
>TAbort- SERR-
Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 11
BIST result: 00
Region 0: Memory at e8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
Region 1: Memory at e6800000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
Region 2: I/O ports at d800 [size=128]
Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=0mA
PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
HTrans- 64bit- FW- AGP3- Rate=x1,x2,x4
Command: RQ=1 ArqSz=0 Cal=0 SBA- AGP- GART64- 64bit-
FW- Rate=