Linux distribution for a 16MB Flash on a x86 Processor. - Embedded

This is a discussion on Linux distribution for a 16MB Flash on a x86 Processor. - Embedded ; I am looking for an Linux distribution for a TC3570 with a 800MHZ x86 processor with a 4 MB flash boot ROM. The os would be able to support threads, filesystem, sockets etc. As I am planning on writing an ...

  1. Linux distribution for a 16MB Flash on a x86 Processor.

    I am looking for an Linux distribution for a TC3570 with a 800MHZ x86
    processor with a 4 MB flash boot ROM. The os would be able to support
    threads, filesystem, sockets etc. As I am planning on writing an small
    server application on this.

    I am really new to this kind of embedded development. It would really
    nice if u would point me to some embedded linux distribution, which
    would reside on a 16MB Flash Rom and would boot from there...

    Details of the hardwahre
    http://www.tul.com.tw/Global/pdf_lin...20(050818).pdf

    Thanks
    Irfan

  2. Re: Linux distribution for a 16MB Flash on a x86 Processor.

    ibondre ha scritto:
    > I am looking for an Linux distribution for a TC3570 with a 800MHZ x86
    > processor with a 4 MB flash boot ROM. The os would be able to support
    > threads, filesystem, sockets etc. As I am planning on writing an small
    > server application on this.
    >
    > I am really new to this kind of embedded development. It would really
    > nice if u would point me to some embedded linux distribution, which
    > would reside on a 16MB Flash Rom and would boot from there...
    >
    > Details of the hardwahre
    > http://www.tul.com.tw/Global/pdf_lin...20(050818).pdf

    Hi Irfan
    take a look at KaeilOSŪ (formerly Klinux)
    http://www.kaeilos.com

    HTH
    --
    _