Embedded Linux platform for robotic - Embedded

This is a discussion on Embedded Linux platform for robotic - Embedded ; Hello, We are planing to develop a new 32bit controller for robotic systems based on Linux. Required Features are real time support, CAN and Ethernet. The MPC5200 from Freescale on a Board from Phytec seams perfect. Has somebody experience with ...

  1. Embedded Linux platform for robotic

    Hello,

    We are planing to develop a new 32bit controller for robotic systems
    based on Linux.
    Required Features are real time support, CAN and Ethernet. The MPC5200
    from Freescale on a Board from Phytec seams perfect.
    Has somebody experience with Linux and this Processor? Is it easy to
    implement and are all Features supported under Linux?
    Or has somebody a suggestion on a similar Processor with is better
    supported under Linux?

    Best regards,
    Syed Amer Gilani

    Systec Electronic and Software GmbH
    motion control and industrial automation
    Nottulner Landweg 90
    48161 Muenster - Germany
    Telefon: 0 25 34-80 01-70
    Telefax: 0 25 34-80 01-77
    http://www.systec.de

  2. Re: Embedded Linux platform for robotic

    On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 06:37:48 -0700, Syed Amer Gilani wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > We are planing to develop a new 32bit controller for robotic systems
    > based on Linux.
    > Required Features are real time support, CAN and Ethernet. The MPC5200
    > from Freescale on a Board from Phytec seams perfect.
    > Has somebody experience with Linux and this Processor?

    yes.

    > Is it easy to
    > implement and are all Features supported under Linux?

    easy is relative, and no, not ALL features are supported under linux.
    For instance wireless support for PPC linux blows.

    > Or has somebody a suggestion on a similar Processor with is better
    > supported under Linux?

  3. Re: Embedded Linux platform for robotic

    noone@all.com wrote:
    > On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 06:37:48 -0700, Syed Amer Gilani wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > We are planing to develop a new 32bit controller for robotic systems
    > > based on Linux.
    > > Required Features are real time support, CAN and Ethernet. The MPC5200
    > > from Freescale on a Board from Phytec seams perfect.
    > > Has somebody experience with Linux and this Processor?

    > yes.

    How about this???

    http://www.charmedlabs.com/index.php...ask=view&id=29

    I haven't used it yet, but it seems like a reasonable starting point
    for robotics endeavors.

    -John

+ Reply to Thread