Mixing and matching usbfs with sysfs - Embedded

This is a discussion on Mixing and matching usbfs with sysfs - Embedded ; Hello, I'm having trouble coming up with a decent way to combine information found in /proc/bus/usb/devices (usbfs) with stuff under /sys/class/usb/devices/. Specifically I have a hard time mapping the topology info in the "T:" lines of /proc/bus/usb/devices to the device ...

  1. Mixing and matching usbfs with sysfs

    Hello,

    I'm having trouble coming up with a decent way to combine information
    found in /proc/bus/usb/devices (usbfs) with stuff under
    /sys/class/usb/devices/.

    Specifically I have a hard time mapping the topology info in the "T:"
    lines of /proc/bus/usb/devices to the device nodes unser
    /sys/class/usb/devices.

    for example, I can find out by hand that

    /sys/bus/usb/devices/platform/at91_ohci/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2:2.1

    belongs to the device whose entry in /proc/bus/devices/usb starts with

    T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=02 Port=01 Cnt=02 Dev#= 7 Spd=12 MxCh= 0

    But I have no real idea on how to automatically match the two. So I
    wonder if anyboday has solved this problem already?

    Thanks in advance,

    --
    Linards Ticmanis

  2. Re: Mixing and matching usbfs with sysfs

    Linards Ticmanis wrote:

    > I'm having trouble coming up with a decent way to combine information
    > found in /proc/bus/usb/devices (usbfs) with stuff under
    > /sys/class/usb/devices/.
    >
    > Specifically I have a hard time mapping the topology info in the "T:"
    > lines of /proc/bus/usb/devices to the device nodes unser
    > /sys/class/usb/devices.

    Ok... just for the benefit of people who might use the archive in the
    future:

    The answer is, you can usually forget usbfs (/proc/bus/usb stuff) for
    anything beyond simply viewing the contents. Everything that is there is
    also buried in sysfs somewhere, and while /proc/bus/usb/devices is a
    nice human readable thing, crisscrossing through sysfs is really much
    easier for programs.

    --
    Linards Ticmanis

+ Reply to Thread