Hi there,

I am trying to build the 2.6.1x kernel for my MPC8xx board (RPXlite).

My steps list below,

1) make mrproper (also tried make ARCH=ppc, CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_8xx-
mrproper)
2) make ARCH=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_8xx- menuconfig (simple select
mpc8xx as the target)
3) make zImage

then I get compile error message like,

>> arch/ppc/kernel/swsusp.S: Assembler messages:
>> arch/ppc/kernel/swsusp.S:139: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `dssall'
>> make[1]: *** [arch/ppc/kernel/swsusp.o] Error 1
>> make: *** [arch/ppc/kernel] Error 2

I found other guys complaint about the similar problem, but for other
powerpc processor.

but If I select 6xx as my target in step2, the compile can pass
through.

Any one met the similar problem here? Any hints? Thanks!