Porting drivers for PCI card to single board chips connected by PCI bus? - Embedded

This is a discussion on Porting drivers for PCI card to single board chips connected by PCI bus? - Embedded ; HI all, I'm new in the PCI world, as well as linux kernel. Here are my questions: two same chips, one is on a PCI card, the other is on a single board connected by the PCI bus. what is ...

  1. Porting drivers for PCI card to single board chips connected by PCI bus?

    HI all, I'm new in the PCI world, as well as linux kernel.
    Here are my questions:
    two same chips, one is on a PCI card, the other is on a single board
    connected by the PCI bus. what is the difference between the drivers
    for them? How big? How about porting one to the other?

  2. Re: Porting drivers for PCI card to single board chips connected by PCI bus?

    the Sea wrote:

    > HI all, I'm new in the PCI world, as well as linux kernel.
    > Here are my questions:
    > two same chips, one is on a PCI card, the other is on a single board
    > connected by the PCI bus. what is the difference between the drivers
    > for them? How big? How about porting one to the other?

    There shouldnt be any.

    --
    Lasse Jensen [fafler at g mail dot com]
    Linux, the choice of a GNU generation.