Hi,

For a long time we have been writing 16 MB DOMs on a standard Linux
(Red hat 7.2) and they are able to boot in the embedded device.
However, our old part has been manufacturer discontinued and the
replacement part seems to write Ok but these DOMs are not usable in the
target. One difference that we note upon booting is that the CHS on the
new part doesn't agree, but running fdisk doesn't seem to fix it. Do
these devices really vary by manufacturer and how do we make the new
part perform. BTW, this particular manufacturer's 32MB DOM works fine.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Barry