stripping glibc - Embedded

This is a discussion on stripping glibc - Embedded ; Hello. Is it safe to strip glibc today? I know that it was possible in the past, with old glibc versions. I am aware of fact that strip just removes debugging symbols from binary, but I remember some discussion about ...

  1. stripping glibc

    Hello.

    Is it safe to strip glibc today?

    I know that it was possible in the past, with old glibc versions.
    I am aware of fact that strip just removes debugging symbols from
    binary, but I remember some discussion about potential problems after
    stripping system libraries.

    PS. I mean glibc version 2.3.2 on MontaVista Linux.

  2. Re: stripping glibc

    Jacek Popławski wrote:

    > PS. I mean glibc version 2.3.2 on MontaVista Linux.

    You've paid them an annual support fee. So why not ask them ? I've never
    understood folks who pay out for support but don't use it.

+ Reply to Thread