Lincon-8000 Series (Linux Embedded controller) - Embedded

This is a discussion on Lincon-8000 Series (Linux Embedded controller) - Embedded ; Hi all, Does anybody know that product ? A supplier of mine wants to install such that controller on a sensible application that manage in a car park: - fire detection - CO detection - toll gate - ip video ...

  1. Lincon-8000 Series (Linux Embedded controller)

    Hi all,

    Does anybody know that product ?

    A supplier of mine wants to install such that controller on a sensible
    application that manage in a car park:

    - fire detection
    - CO detection
    - toll gate
    - ip video camera
    - ip intercom
    - automation
    - etc ...

    I greatly appreciate if one of you can tell me his impress on that product.

    Thanks in advance for you help.

    Sébastien

  2. Re: Lincon-8000 Series (Linux Embedded controller)

    Sébastien Cottalorda ha scritto:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Does anybody know that product ?
    >
    > A supplier of mine wants to install such that controller on a sensible
    > application that manage in a car park:
    >
    > - fire detection
    > - CO detection
    > - toll gate
    > - ip video camera
    > - ip intercom
    > - automation
    > - etc ...
    >
    > I greatly appreciate if one of you can tell me his impress on that product.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for you help.

    Hi Sébastien
    I played with it and with WinCon8000 but I never used it in real world.
    Seems a good product although its SA1110 is a very old CPU badly
    supported in newer kernels.
    However I suppose you won't replace WinCon8000 kernel ;-)

    Best regards
    --
    Marco Cavallini
    Koan s.a.s. - Bergamo - ITALIA