Setting up a FTP Server - Embedded

This is a discussion on Setting up a FTP Server - Embedded ; Hello folks am a relatively new user of Linux... I have the full version of Fedora Core 5 Installed.. Can someone plzzzz help me with a clear step by step process of how i can get my FTP Server Up ...

  1. Setting up a FTP Server

    Hello folks

    am a relatively new user of Linux... I have the full version of Fedora
    Core 5 Installed.. Can someone plzzzz help me with a clear step by step
    process of how i can get my FTP Server Up & running??

    regards

    Krishnan

  2. Re: Setting up a FTP Server

    On 6 Jun 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.embedded, in article
    <1149616435.337023.305290@f6g2000cwb.googlegroups.c om>, Krishnan wrote:

    >am a relatively new user of Linux... I have the full version of Fedora
    >Core 5 Installed.. Can someone plzzzz help me with a clear step by step
    >process of how i can get my FTP Server Up & running??

    Jeez, you really are confused. Neither 'comp.os.linux.x' or this group
    are even close to being appropriate for your question. On the 15th of
    every month, there is a posting with the subject "List of Big Eight
    Newsgroups" posted to news.announce.newgroups, news.groups, and
    news.lists.misc.

    [compton ~]$ grep linux big.8.list.05.15.06
    comp.os.linux.advocacy Benefits of Linux compared to other operating systems.
    comp.os.linux.alpha Linux on Digital Alpha machines.
    comp.os.linux.announce Announcements important to the Linux community.
    (Moderated)
    comp.os.linux.answers FAQs, How-To's, READMEs, etc. about Linux. (Moderated)
    comp.os.linux.development.apps Writing Linux applications, porting to Linux.
    comp.os.linux.development.system Linux kernels, device drivers, modules.
    comp.os.linux.embedded Linux operating system on embedded hardware.
    comp.os.linux.hardware Hardware compatibility with the Linux operating system.
    comp.os.linux.m68k Linux operating system on 680x0 Amiga, Atari, VME.
    comp.os.linux.misc Linux-specific topics not covered by other groups.
    comp.os.linux.networking Networking and communications under Linux.
    comp.os.linux.portable Linux OS on portable PCs.
    comp.os.linux.powerpc Linux systems running on PowerPC microprocessors.
    comp.os.linux.security Security and the GNU/Linux Operating System.
    comp.os.linux.setup Linux installation and system administration.
    comp.os.linux.x Linux X Window System servers, clients, libs and fonts.
    comp.os.linux.xbox Linux on Xbox.
    [compton ~]$

    Depending on the news server you are using (http://groups.google.com is NOT
    a news server - it's a crappy web interface over a search engine you seem to
    want to ignore), you may find a thousand or more other Linux news groups,
    including at least 45 pertaining specifically to Red Hat and Fedora.

    Old guy

+ Reply to Thread