LGPL and code attached - Embedded

This is a discussion on LGPL and code attached - Embedded ; if we modified the library which is under LGPL, does the code (or process code) that uses the modfied lib. needs to be opened along with it? Any comments? thanks, SAT...

  1. LGPL and code attached

    if we modified the library which is under LGPL, does the code (or
    process code) that uses the modfied lib. needs to be opened along with
    it?

    Any comments?

    thanks,
    SAT

  2. Re: LGPL and code attached

    On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 16:34:49 -0700, satamara wrote:

    > if we modified the library which is under LGPL, does the code (or
    > process code) that uses the modfied lib. needs to be opened along with
    > it?

    No...That's why the LGPL is superior...you still need to open source your
    modifications to the library though.

    Also, better to run-time link to the .so to avoid questions about "derived
    works".

+ Reply to Thread