htpasswd / Synology - Embedded

This is a discussion on htpasswd / Synology - Embedded ; Hello, I have a web server in my DS 101 Synology. The .htaccess is ok, but I the authentification fails with the .htpasswd file (crypted with my Debian Sarge 3.1). How can I have a good crypted password (in fact, ...

  1. htpasswd / Synology

    Hello,

    I have a web server in my DS 101 Synology. The .htaccess is ok, but I
    the authentification fails with the .htpasswd file (crypted with my
    Debian Sarge 3.1).

    How can I have a good crypted password (in fact, where can I find a
    useful tool to crypt passwords for my Synology)?

    Regards,
    Francois

    --
    Francois A.
    _________

    Excellent newsreader : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

  2. Re: htpasswd / Synology

    Hello,

    > How can I have a good crypted password (in fact, where can I find a
    > useful tool to crypt passwords for my Synology)?

    I think apache should have a tool called "htpasswd", I found two manpages
    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/programs/htpasswd.html (Apache 1.3)
    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/programs/htpasswd.html (Apache 2.0)
    You could compile this tool for your target machine and let it crypt by
    itself; because if you crypt the passwords on the same machine, it should
    work under all circumstances.

    http://www.gaijin.at/olshtcrypt.php is a web-based crypter, usable for some
    simple passwords...
    http://www.smartwebdesign.ch/services/passwd.php same goes here, including
    the user name.
    Here you can crypt passwords and compare them against your own. Maybe your
    crypt on Debian is somewhat broken.

    Hope this helps;
    Regards,
    Sebastian

  3. Re: htpasswd / Synology

    Hello ,

    > the authentification fails with the .htpasswd file (crypted with my

    If you place your .htpasswd file, which is not under web root
    location, that is a good enough security/the best security. You need to
    update your .htaccess accordingly with the new location!

    Best Regards,
    Vivekanandan m

+ Reply to Thread