posix , detect partition type - Embedded

This is a discussion on posix , detect partition type - Embedded ; Hi Which posix function we can use to detect the partition type? thanks from Peter (cmk128@hotmail.com)...

  1. posix , detect partition type

    Hi
    Which posix function we can use to detect the partition type?
    thanks
    from Peter (cmk128@hotmail.com)

  2. Re: posix , detect partition type

    >> Which posix function we can use to detect the partition type?

    POSIX does not say anything about partitions or partition type.

    Regards
    Manish Regmi

  3. Re: posix , detect partition type

    There is nothing for POSIX to do with partitions but you check this
    out,
    Migth be this is what you are actually looking for :

    http://www.rembo.com/rbo/docs4/rembo...titions.p.html

    Cheers,
    Sandeepksinha

  4. Re: posix , detect partition type

    On Wed, 17 May 2006 21:28:30 -0700, sandy wrote:

    > There is nothing for POSIX to do with partitions but you check this
    > out,
    > Migth be this is what you are actually looking for :
    >
    > http://www.rembo.com/rbo/docs4/rembo...titions.p.html
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Sandeepksinha

    whats wrong with plain old "fdisk -l" having read the available drives
    from dmsmg or proc ?

  5. Re: posix , detect partition type

    Well i think, he wants to use it inside the program. So, issuing
    something on a command line is totally a different issue.
    Well, it would be quite costly that way and quite comlex at the same
    time, involving output redirection and all those stuffs.

    Cheers,
    Sandeepksinha.

+ Reply to Thread