Maximum file system space accessed by ARM 32 bits processors - Embedded

This is a discussion on Maximum file system space accessed by ARM 32 bits processors - Embedded ; I have an embedded linux system running on an ARM processor on 32 bits from Arcom (ICE Viper). This system is able to access an external compact flash (CF). Currently the size of CF is 2GB. I need to use ...

  1. Maximum file system space accessed by ARM 32 bits processors

    I have an embedded linux system running on an ARM processor on 32 bits
    from Arcom (ICE Viper). This system is able to access an external
    compact flash (CF). Currently the size of CF is 2GB. I need to use
    bigger CFs, but I wonder if there are limitations imposed by the 32
    bits processor.

  2. Re: Maximum file system space accessed by ARM 32 bits processors

    Bogdan wrote:

    > I have an embedded linux system running on an ARM processor on 32 bits
    > from Arcom (ICE Viper). This system is able to access an external
    > compact flash (CF). Currently the size of CF is 2GB. I need to use
    > bigger CFs, but I wonder if there are limitations imposed by the 32
    > bits processor.

    Its not the limit of the processor, it is the limit of the filesystem you
    are using on your CF.

    jbe

+ Reply to Thread