Hardware platform for embedded linux - Embedded

This is a discussion on Hardware platform for embedded linux - Embedded ; Hi I am looking to create a small linux based device with the following functionality: 1. Must run apache (or other PHP compatible) webserver 2. Must have ethernet connectivity 3. Must be fanless 4. Must be able to run off ...

  1. Hardware platform for embedded linux

    Hi

    I am looking to create a small linux based device with the following
    functionality:

    1. Must run apache (or other PHP compatible) webserver
    2. Must have ethernet connectivity
    3. Must be fanless
    4. Must be able to run off solid state disk (eg CF card)
    5. Ideally should run 2.6 kernel
    6. Should have a good BSP for development
    7. Ideally should have its own enclosure
    8. Ideally should be x86 architecture

    I have identified a possible candidate as the Hacom Phoenix
    (http://shopping.hacom.net/catalog/pr...products_id=71).
    Are there any other options that I should be looking at? UK based
    suppliers are preferrable.

    Many thanks

    Sam Duncan

  2. Re: Hardware platform for embedded linux

    www.acmesystems.it

    Fox board can respond to all Your request (point 8 escluse)

    bye
    Fabrizio

    sam ha scritto:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am looking to create a small linux based device with the following
    > functionality:
    >
    > 1. Must run apache (or other PHP compatible) webserver
    > 2. Must have ethernet connectivity
    > 3. Must be fanless
    > 4. Must be able to run off solid state disk (eg CF card)
    > 5. Ideally should run 2.6 kernel
    > 6. Should have a good BSP for development
    > 7. Ideally should have its own enclosure
    > 8. Ideally should be x86 architecture
    >
    > I have identified a possible candidate as the Hacom Phoenix
    > (http://shopping.hacom.net/catalog/pr...products_id=71).
    > Are there any other options that I should be looking at? UK based
    > suppliers are preferrable.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Sam Duncan

  3. Re: Hardware platform for embedded linux

    On 11 May 2006 02:41:51 -0700
    "sam" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I am looking to create a small linux based device with the
    > following functionality:
    >
    > 1. Must run apache (or other PHP compatible) webserver
    > 2. Must have ethernet connectivity
    > 3. Must be fanless
    > 4. Must be able to run off solid state disk (eg CF card)
    > 5. Ideally should run 2.6 kernel
    > 6. Should have a good BSP for development
    > 7. Ideally should have its own enclosure
    > 8. Ideally should be x86 architecture
    >
    > I have identified a possible candidate as the Hacom Phoenix
    > (http://shopping.hacom.net/catalog/pr....php?cPath=34&
    > products_id=71).
    > Are there any other options that I should be looking at? UK
    > based
    > suppliers are preferrable.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Sam Duncan

    Why pay $250, when you can get the equivalent board for $100
    here:

    http://www.mini-box.com/s.nl/sc.8/ca...it.A/id.212/.f

    My EBS sdk makes a ready to run CF for it in less than 1 minute.

    TonyB

    --
    __ __ _ I N C. http://www.sysdev.org
    / __|\\// __|| \ __ __ / tonyb@sysdev.org

  4. Re: Hardware platform for embedded linux

    sam wrote:
    > 1. Must run apache (or other PHP compatible) webserver
    > 2. Must have ethernet connectivity
    > 3. Must be fanless
    > 4. Must be able to run off solid state disk (eg CF card)
    > 5. Ideally should run 2.6 kernel
    > 6. Should have a good BSP for development
    > 7. Ideally should have its own enclosure
    > 8. Ideally should be x86 architecture

    http://www.soekris.com/net4501.htm

    About $150, but the case is extra. Works great for me.

    Bob

  5. Re: Hardware platform for embedded linux

    If the requirement "small" is much more important than requirement "x86
    architecture", then you might like an ARM based solution:

    http://www.gumstix.com/waysmalls.html

    Regards,

    josimda

+ Reply to Thread