NGW100 - store root and /usr images for later restore - Embedded

This is a discussion on NGW100 - store root and /usr images for later restore - Embedded ; I was recently given an Atmel NGW100 board (AVR32) and have been learning about it. I have gotten to the point where I can load root and /usr images to the board and run them. What I need to do ...

  1. NGW100 - store root and /usr images for later restore

    I was recently given an Atmel NGW100 board (AVR32) and have been
    learning about it.

    I have gotten to the point where I can load root and /usr images to
    the board and run them.

    What I need to do now is to be able to load the root and /usr images
    off of the board and store them on the hard drive of my host computer.

    That way I can switch OSs (Linux and FreeRTOS, at first) and restore
    each to the state it was in when I last had it loaded.

  2. Re: NGW100 - store root and /usr images for later restore

    On Oct 25, 5:11*am, Eric wrote:
    > I was recently given an Atmel NGW100 board (AVR32) and have been
    > learning about it.
    >
    > I have gotten to the point where I can load root and /usr images to
    > the board and run them.
    >
    > What I need to do now is to be able to load the root and /usr images
    > off of the board and store them on the hard drive of my host computer.
    >
    > That way I can switch OSs (Linux and FreeRTOS, at first) and restore
    > each to the state it was in when I last had it loaded.

    Have you tried to mount the entire file system through NFS to your
    Atmel NGW100 board. That way you make visible to your board a certain
    part of your hard disk and all changes remain stored on your hard disk.

  3. Re: NGW100 - store root and /usr images for later restore

    "Eric" skrev i meddelandet

    > I was recently given an Atmel NGW100 board (AVR32) and have been
    > learning about it.
    >
    > I have gotten to the point where I can load root and /usr images to
    > the board and run them.
    >
    > What I need to do now is to be able to load the root and /usr images
    > off of the board and store them on the hard drive of my host computer.
    >
    > That way I can switch OSs (Linux and FreeRTOS, at first) and restore
    > each to the state it was in when I last had it loaded.

    Gave the issue some more thought.

    If you insert an SD-Card with Linux, and change the bootcmd/bootargs
    in U-Boot, you could boot that Linux, and once running, you
    can copy the contents of the parallel flash and the dataflash
    to the SD-Card using the "dd" command.

    Remove the SD-Card and insert in a flash card reader connected
    to a Linux machine. Mount the flash card, and copy the files to
    your hard disk.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Ulf Samuelsson