Ankit Fadia : The real picture - Embedded

This is a discussion on Ankit Fadia : The real picture - Embedded ; Dear All, Yesterday (03-04-2006)I attended a seminar by a so-called "Hacking Guru" Ankit Fadia, at DAVV, Indore (MP) auditorium. I just want to share my feelings with you. The Seminar was a complete failure, though it was attended by about ...

  1. Ankit Fadia : The real picture

    Dear All,

    Yesterday (03-04-2006)I attended a seminar by a so-called "Hacking
    Guru" Ankit Fadia, at DAVV, Indore (MP) auditorium. I just want to
    share my feelings with you.

    The Seminar was a complete failure, though it was attended by about
    well over 100 people, but was a complete disaster.

    The very first thing by which I was offended badly was using the sacred
    word "Hacking" to demonstrate something we, the hackers, call cracking.
    The seminar topic was "Ethical Hacking", now I want to ask Mr Fadia,
    what is unethical about hacking ? Hacking is very positive word and
    there in no need to put "Ethical" before it. By the way his seminar
    topic should be "Ethical Cracking".

    If you really want to become a hacker, please read an article by a real
    hacker, Eric Steven Raymond (ESR). The man who changed the history by
    writing a paper "Cathedral and Bazaar". please read the article here :
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html

    The people who can not differentiate between hacking and cracking,
    should read an article by the GOD of hackers Richad M Stallman (RMS),
    the man who started GNU movement all by himself. The gcc (compiler),
    gdb (debugger), emacs (editor) are some of the most popular softwares
    in the world written by him. Please read the article here :
    http://www.outpost9.com/reference/jargon/jargon_69.html

    The things Fadia demonstrated were ancient techniques used by crackers
    to break into some one's machine. Now a days even 10 year olds can
    download these tools from Internet to control others' machines. Can we
    call them hackers ?? If he calls it hacking, I doubt if he understands
    the term even "Cracking", leave hacking altogether. This childish
    behavior is called script kiddie.

    IP spoofing, SQL Injection, password cracking softwares, Trojan horse
    programs, these are the tools of cyber criminals. So I wonder what is
    the significance of the term "Ethical" here ??

    In the entire session I kept waiting for some program or utility,
    written by himself. But I don't thing he had something like this to
    share with audience. The entire session was demonstration of third
    party utilities, and the saddest thing was no mention of the name of
    any author of any utility. He didn't care to give some credits to the
    utility developers. What a shame !!!

    Mr Fadia, I real hacker always respect the creativity of others, and
    before using their work proper credits are given, this is the hacker's
    attitude. It's not like that, you download something from Internet, use
    it and forget the person, who made it. That's pretty mean.

    Second most annoying thing was that he calls himself a "hacker" and was
    using a Windows XP operating system ????

    I have been in to computers for the past 10 years and I never come
    across any real hacker who uses Windows. I met Brian(Apache creator),
    Andy Cleen, Alon cox, Rusty (all networking gods), RMS (the GOD
    himself) but all of them were using some or other form of Unix or
    Linux.

    Come on, MR Fadia, Windows is the worst OS in the world, full of
    security holes, so what is the point to break into a Windows machine
    ???? What do you want to prove ????

    He only once mentioned Linux, just to tell how you can use it's live CD
    to boot a Windows machine and cracke the password.

    Actually, before attending the seminar, I Googled a lot about Fadia and
    his work. But what I could find was self acclaiming statement by Fadia
    about himself and his future and just crap, crap and crap by technology
    illiterate Indian news papers' reports.

    I just want to share my findings with you.

    Vulnerabilities patches by Fadia = 0 (He may know how to break in,
    but doesn't know how to fix up)
    Bugtraq id's by Fadia = 0
    Hacking / Security tool by fadia = 0 ( He simply Goolge and
    download the tools from Internet, that's not cracking. Actual cracker
    is
    the
    programmer, but Fadia never ever gives due credits. Now that's not
    hacking, that's stealing)
    Any open source software by Fadia = 0 (He is afraid of suggesting
    Linux to people, 'coz it's secure)
    Any Linux or Windows software security patch = 0
    Any recommendation or recognition by Real Hacker Community = 0
    (They laugh at him. He is just a kid)
    Software / Cryptography patents by Fadia = 0
    Algorithms by Fadia = 0
    Any official citation by FBI/CIA/CBI for Fadia = 0 (They don't
    even bother about any explanation)
    Any confirmation of his self-claims = 0 (Nobody, expect him
    knows, if they are real)
    Any confirmation of him decrypting Osama's message = 0
    (Hahahahahahahaha)
    Any original technical tutorial or book by Fadia = 0 (He simply steal
    the things and never he never ever gives due credits to the original

    authors.)
    Any originality in his tutes or books = 0
    (Hahahahahahaha)
    Skill level of Fadia = Only God knows
    !!!

    I tried to read a few books by him, but to my wonder some part of his
    books are nothing but simple "copy and paste" material from well known
    sites for Windows registry editing. Please visit www.winguides.com and
    compare the material with his first book. Oh God ! this is the clear
    violation of intellectual property rights of the website. Please inform
    the webmaster. I have done it already.

    I was astonished by the course he came to promote here, "Ethical hacker
    certified by Ankit Fadia" ! He sill is child in hacking field, and he
    is giving the certificates for hacking ????? And worst thing, Reliance
    web world is promoting it. What a shame !!! Have all gone mad ? Can't
    they see ?

    Unfortunately, question and answer round was cut from the seminar,
    that's also because of Fadia arrived there one hour late. Well, that's
    India's celebrity style statement. Otherwise, I would have asked all
    these questions to him there only.

    Anyways, I went to him at the end of the seminar, and asked if Windows
    is so vulnerable, can he suggest audience to use Linux rather than
    Windows. And the reply came was straight "NO". What a shame ???

    I understood the reason, why he said no. The reason is same why
    Microsoft does not patch up it's OS. Plain economics. If you make
    system secure with Linux who is going to ask for people like Fadia, so
    called "security expert" ???

    I want to make an appeal to all of you, please make all of your friends
    aware of these facts. Let one should not get undeserved advantage. I
    also want to appeal news papers, please do not make a hero out of
    nothing. Stop polluting the honest media by prejudiced reports.

    And at the end I want to tell Mr Fadia, that I don't have any personal
    problem with you or your achievements, but please behave properly in
    hacking community. We hackers are very positive people we never ever
    try to harm anybody, until he comes to our or our philosophy's way.
    Please stop calling your self a hacker, if does not understand the
    hacker culture.

    And for god sake, stop behaving like a child, now you are in college,
    so GROW UP !!!

  2. Re: Ankit Fadia : The real picture

    On 4 Apr 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.embedded, in article
    <1144157296.509310.162650@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>, prabhat_sandy wrote:
    On 4 Apr 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.misc, in article
    <1144157312.184600.180850@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>, prabhat_sandy wrote:
    On 4 Apr 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networking, in article
    <1144157328.144000.160040@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups. com>, prabhat_sandy wrote:
    On 4 Apr 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.x, in article
    <1144157376.743480.28020@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.c om>, prabhat_sandy wrote:

    Does the education system teach idiocy, or is this something that is
    a congenital gift?

    Your post to at least these five newsgroups is not on topic. Please
    confine your whining to comp.os.linux.advocacy, where someone might care.
    If you absolutely must post the same article to more than one newsgroup,
    first determine that the article is on topic for that group, and then
    include the newsgroup names in a comma separated list in the 'Newsgroups:'
    header. Do not post to more that five newsgroups, as that is generally
    considered spamming. Read the fine RFC1855, and find out why.

    Old guy

  3. Re: Ankit Fadia : The real picture

    [ cola removed - Followup-To -> comp.os.linux.misc ]

    In comp.os.linux.misc Moe Trin :
    > On 4 Apr 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.embedded, in article
    > <1144157296.509310.162650@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>, prabhat_sandy wrote:
    > On 4 Apr 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.misc, in article
    > <1144157312.184600.180850@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>, prabhat_sandy wrote:
    > On 4 Apr 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networking, in article
    > <1144157328.144000.160040@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups. com>, prabhat_sandy wrote:
    > On 4 Apr 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.x, in article
    > <1144157376.743480.28020@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.c om>, prabhat_sandy wrote:

    Looks as if would even pop up in a few more.

    > Does the education system teach idiocy, or is this something that is
    > a congenital gift?

    What would you expect from a post made through G/2? ;-)

    In any case, interesting the URL below claims the guy in the
    subject* would be the author of "hacking exposed", but the name
    isn't on my version and not on the recent (amazon).

    http://www.geocities.com/sphinx_gel/

    *While we don't even know if the OP's name is an alias or his
    real name?

    [..]

    #bofh excuse 415: Maintenance window broken

+ Reply to Thread