java crosscompiler with awt libraries - Embedded

This is a discussion on java crosscompiler with awt libraries - Embedded ; Hi all, I'm trying to build my crosscompiler toolchain starting from buildroot-0.9.27.tar.bz2 for a mipsel architecture. I enabled gcj java crosscompiler, and got a mipsel-linux-gcj command which correctly crosscompiles a helloworld.java test. Now I need the AWT library to crosscompile ...

  1. java crosscompiler with awt libraries

    Hi all,
    I'm trying to build my crosscompiler toolchain starting from
    buildroot-0.9.27.tar.bz2
    for a mipsel architecture.
    I enabled gcj java crosscompiler, and got a mipsel-linux-gcj command
    which correctly crosscompiles a helloworld.java test.

    Now I need the AWT library to crosscompile some
    graphical applications, but it seems that buildroot
    do not compile the awl libraries.

    Am I missing something, can buildroot build the AWT
    libraries? do I need to enable some options?

    Otherwise is there a way to compile the AWT libraries
    and get graphical support?

    thanks
    giammy

  2. Re: java crosscompiler with awt libraries

    On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 06:08:55 -0800, giangiammy@gmail.com wrote:

    > Now I need the AWT library to crosscompile some
    > graphical applications, but it seems that buildroot
    > do not compile the awl libraries.
    >
    > Am I missing something, can buildroot build the AWT
    > libraries? do I need to enable some options?
    >
    > Otherwise is there a way to compile the AWT libraries
    > and get graphical support?

    My information may be out of date, but when I last checked, the full AWT
    was not implemented and debugged for gcj/gij. That's what keeps me from
    seriously considering it.

+ Reply to Thread