ISDN HISAX hfc_pci big endian support - Embedded

This is a discussion on ISDN HISAX hfc_pci big endian support - Embedded ; Hi list, I have an ISDN PCI card whose drivers work fine for little endian architecuter.default available in the linux src code in the section drivers/hisax/hfc_pci.c .But when I insert this card in a bigendian machine it prints: #error "not ...

  1. ISDN HISAX hfc_pci big endian support

    Hi list,
    I have an ISDN PCI card whose drivers work fine for little
    endian architecuter.default available in the linux src code in the
    section drivers/hisax/hfc_pci.c .But when I insert this card in a
    bigendian machine it prints:

    #error "not running on big endian machines now"

    and exits.This statement is present in the above mentioned file.My
    question is: Is there a patch already available for this problem?If
    anyone has already come across this,could you please share the
    solution.

    cheers-
    kaushal.

  2. Re: ISDN HISAX hfc_pci big endian support

    krishna wrote:

    > and exits.This statement is present in the above mentioned file.My
    > question is: Is there a patch already available for this problem?If
    > anyone has already come across this,could you please share the
    > solution.

    There are several other drivers for hfc based PCI Cards. Neither of them
    does provide all the ISDN features one could expect, especially as far as
    the telephone features are concerned. However Big Endian support is
    something I would also expect to be troublesome with them.

    ISDN is and has always been a somewhat infamous chapter of Linux development

    Besides the hisax drivers, there are at least three others:

    * misdn (new CAPI based ISDN driver) http://www.isdn4linux.de/mISDN/
    * visdn (AFAIK voice only?) http://www.visdn.org/
    * zaphfc (voice only) http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/downloads/

    Sven

    --
    "and on the third day he rebooted into Linux-1.3.84"
    (Linus Torvalds, Easter Kernel Release 1996)

    /me is giggls@ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web

  3. Re: ISDN HISAX hfc_pci big endian support

    hi Sven,
    Thank you for the reply.The original autor of the driver
    replied that someone has ported it for big endian and tht was
    successful.it seems that someone did not commit tht version.Hope I
    could find that ;-)
    Thank you.
    cheers-
    kaushal