Hi everybody,
I am new in embedded domain. I am confused in semaphore/messageQueues/Signals/Events, I think that all are used for IPC(inter process communication) between tasks in embedded application. Please can anyone explain in detail following points about them(would expect some example code also):
1) When to use what in code ?
2) How each is different than other?
3) Which is better and why ?

About Events :
I want to understand all the possible ways by which one can use events in the embedded application. More interested in checking event flag in code(operation performed liek And/Or/ExOr...etc), how to check whether its set/clear/.....(don't know all states) ?
Kindly give code snippets of some example code to clarify it .....
Please reply asap........
Thanks in advance !!