A solution not to do dependency check? - Embedded

This is a discussion on A solution not to do dependency check? - Embedded ; In my Makefile, there is the following target such as "config". .... config: @make -C ./config || exit $? .... but, there is a directory the same as "config" for name. So, if I try to make as "make config", ...

  1. A solution not to do dependency check?

    In my Makefile, there is the following target such as "config".
    config:
    @make -C ./config || exit $?

    but, there is a directory the same as "config" for name.
    So, if I try to make as "make config", the following message is printed.
    "make: `config' is up to date."

    I guess the make checks date of "config" directory and decided that make is
    not needed.
    In this case,
    I want to make absolutely without dependency check.
    Is there a good solution?

    [root@test] ls
    config Makefile
    [root@test] make config
    make: `config' is up to date.
    [root@test]

  2. Re: A solution not to do dependency check?

    demiahn wrote:
    > In my Makefile, there is the following target such as "config".
    > config:
    > @make -C ./config || exit $?
    >
    > but, there is a directory the same as "config" for name.
    > So, if I try to make as "make config", the following message is printed.
    > "make: `config' is up to date."
    >
    > I guess the make checks date of "config" directory and decided that make
    > is not needed.
    > In this case,
    > I want to make absolutely without dependency check.
    > Is there a good solution?
    >
    > [root@test] ls
    > config Makefile
    > [root@test] make config
    > make: `config' is up to date.
    > [root@test]

    Try "config::" instead of "config:" in your main makefile.

    jbe

  3. Re: A solution not to do dependency check?

    demiahn wrote:

    > In my Makefile, there is the following target such as "config".
    > config:
    > @make -C ./config || exit $?
    >
    > but, there is a directory the same as "config" for name.

    ..PHONY: config
    config:
    $(MAKE) -C ./config || exit $?

    Make has a good manual. Try "info make" at the command line.

    regards

    Wolfgang

+ Reply to Thread