Please rectify my clarifications based on Device Driver ( Generic ), WLAN, Porting - Embedded

This is a discussion on Please rectify my clarifications based on Device Driver ( Generic ), WLAN, Porting - Embedded ; Dear Sir, Greetings ! Hope you are doing fine. Well, I am interested in Development and Design of Device Driver / Porting mechanisms based on WLAN, IrDA, Bluetooth and other Wireless Standards pertaining to the Embedded Systems arena. I am ...

  1. Please rectify my clarifications based on Device Driver ( Generic ), WLAN, Porting

    Dear Sir,

    Greetings !

    Hope you are doing fine.

    Well, I am interested in Development and Design of Device Driver /
    Porting mechanisms based on WLAN, IrDA, Bluetooth and other Wireless
    Standards pertaining to the Embedded Systems arena. I am a beginner in
    this field and hence would like to seek your suggestions / opinions in
    this regard. Kindly find below some of my queries for which I require
    your assistance. I came across your reference in the internet during
    my search for experts / professionals who could provide me with good
    ideas and solution offerings.

    1) Under Linux Environment ( say, Linux Kernel 2.4.xx / 2.6.xx ), for
    a specific board ( ARM ), What are the key Development issues / factors
    to consider during porting 802.11b WLAN_USB x86 ( or general ) Driver
    to ARM. Please highlight details about the Structure and mechanism of
    the driver implications. What are the functionalities to be included
    in the Driver ?

    2) How are IPC, Processor Interaction, Memory interfacing /
    Management, Timer functions, RTC, Interrupt Synchronization Services
    being implemented in open System Standard x86 WLAN (generic)-Driver for
    the Target ? What are the essential points to be kept in mind ?

    3) Please suggest few good links / FAQs, online materials / docs to
    realise the Porting of Linux Open System Standard x86 Driver to Target
    as well as internal design and development of Device Driver

    4) To be specific, what are the methodologies and concepts of WLAN
    Development Internals, communication criteria to establish a proper
    flow of pattern between client and AP(Access Point)

    5) What are the important factors which WLAN Technology depends for
    effective date transfer. Suppose in my Development Platform, I am
    trying to port existing x86 Linux-Wlan-ng driver to EP9312 SoC based
    ARM920T processor Target under Linux 2.4.21 Kernel, having Cisco's
    AP350 Access Point, for the Dongle on Intersil's Chipset PRISM 2/2.5/3,
    how is the transfer taking place ? what are the issues and essential
    keynotes to consider for effective communication between Dongle and
    Access Point ? HOw is the Driver able to interface / interact with
    Target Processor / Board and Kernel. Should I take special care about
    driver and USB interface ? Please explain.

    6) What are the Testing / Debugging Tools required for WLAN Porting
    and generic Device Driver Development ?
    Please share your experiences during the process ( The problems /
    challenges you faced and the method being adopted to overcome it ).
    When do you use software and Hardware Debugging Tools ? When does
    kernel / Driver debugging comes into picture and how is it done ?

    7) What is the typical time frame for handling building and porting
    (WLAN) Generic Device DRIVER operations ?
    >From scratch, how much time is involved to develop any device driver,

    considering average years of experience ?

    8) What are the Design pattern and Methodology used towards
    Development of WLAN ( IrDA, Bluetooth ) Technology ?

    9) Please highlight about Optimization techniques and Customization
    features pertaining to Device Driver ( WLAN )

    10) I am keen to explore my career in the wireless Domain ( 802.11b,
    IrDA, Bluetooth etc ) under Embedded Wireless-Networking arena.
    Please tell me about pre-requisites and knowledge to become a
    full-fledged professional towards the WLAN / Driver Development in
    Embedded Systems.

    I hope you would revert with appropriate comments and suggestions and I
    will be grateful for your sincere help and understanding. Thanks for
    your concern.

    I would appreciate your prompt and favorable response

    Looking forward to hear from you soon,

    Regards,

    Feilong

  2. Re: Please rectify my clarifications based on Device Driver ( Generic ), WLAN, Porting

    On 2006-03-10, embdevdrv@gmail.com wrote:
    > Dear Sir,
    >[...]
    > my search for experts / professionals who could provide me with good
    > ideas and solution offerings.

    How much were you paying?

    > 1) Under Linux Environment ( say, Linux Kernel 2.4.xx / 2.6.xx ), for

    > 2) How are IPC, Processor Interaction, Memory interfacing /

    > 3) Please suggest few good links / FAQs, online materials / docs to

    > 4) To be specific, what are the methodologies and concepts of WLAN

    > 5) What are the important factors which WLAN Technology depends for

    > 6) What are the Testing / Debugging Tools required for WLAN Porting

    > 7) What is the typical time frame for handling building and porting

    > 8) What are the Design pattern and Methodology used towards

    > 9) Please highlight about Optimization techniques and Customization

    > 10) I am keen to explore my career in the wireless Domain ( 802.11b,

    > I would appreciate your prompt and favorable response

    > Looking forward to hear from you soon,

    Where do I send the invoice?

    --
    Grant Edwards grante Yow! I'm using my X-RAY
    at VISION to obtain a rare

  3. Re: Please rectify my clarifications based on Device Driver ( Generic), WLAN, Porting

    embdevdrv@gmail.com wrote:

    > 1) Under Linux Environment ( say, Linux Kernel 2.4.xx / 2.6.xx ), for
    > a specific board ( ARM ), What are the key Development issues / factors
    > to consider during porting 802.11b WLAN_USB x86 ( or general ) Driver
    > to ARM. Please highlight details about the Structure and mechanism of
    > the driver implications. What are the functionalities to be included
    > in the Driver ?

    What I don't get is why people think they can get paid for writing a
    driver, and then get volunteers on the Internet to do their work for
    them. You know this, which is why you are using a free email address
    instead of a company address to post your request.

    > I hope you would revert with appropriate comments and suggestions and I
    > will be grateful for your sincere help and understanding. Thanks for
    > your concern.
    >
    > I would appreciate your prompt and favorable response

    Go and stick it, and do your own work rather than trying to do it for
    free on the backs of volunteers.

  4. Re: Please rectify my clarifications based on Device Driver ( Generic ), WLAN, Porting

    Geronimo W. Christ Esq wrote:
    > embdevdrv@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >> 1) Under Linux Environment ( say, Linux Kernel 2.4.xx / 2.6.xx ), for
    >> a specific board ( ARM ), What are the key Development issues / factors
    >> to consider during porting 802.11b WLAN_USB x86 ( or general ) Driver
    >> to ARM. Please highlight details about the Structure and mechanism of
    >> the driver implications. What are the functionalities to be included
    >> in the Driver ?

    > What I don't get is why people think they can get paid for writing a
    > driver, and then get volunteers on the Internet to do their work for
    > them. You know this, which is why you are using a free email address
    > instead of a company address to post your request.

    It's not from a company. He's a lazy CS student trying to get a free
    answer to an assignment question. He's too stupid to do it himself,
    you see, and he's **** scared he's going to fail the course. Not a
    lot of chance he'll ever get to work for a company when he eventually
    does graduate - assuming he doesn't flunk out in the meantime.

    --
    Nobby Anderson

  5. Re: Please rectify my clarifications based on Device Driver ( Generic), WLAN, Porting

    Nobody Here wrote:

    > It's not from a company. He's a lazy CS student trying to get a free
    > answer to an assignment question. He's too stupid to do it himself,
    > you see, and he's **** scared he's going to fail the course. Not a
    > lot of chance he'll ever get to work for a company when he eventually
    > does graduate - assuming he doesn't flunk out in the meantime.

    Kind of refreshing - not an Indian student this time,
    but a Chinese from Jiangsu.

    --

    Tauno Voipio
    tauno voipio (at) iki fi