busybox and udev - Embedded

This is a discussion on busybox and udev - Embedded ; I am trying to implement udev with busybox, I am using busybox 1.1 I believe; and udev.87. Mdev, from what I have read isn't very good. Has anyone had any luck with implementing these two programs? -Jimmie...

  1. busybox and udev

    I am trying to implement udev with busybox, I am using busybox 1.1 I
    believe; and udev.87. Mdev, from what I have read isn't very good. Has
    anyone had any luck with implementing these two programs?

    -Jimmie

  2. Re: busybox and udev

    On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 07:26:15 -0800, jimi_xyz@hotmail.com wrote:

    > I am trying to implement udev with busybox, I am using busybox 1.1 I
    > believe; and udev.87. Mdev, from what I have read isn't very good. Has
    > anyone had any luck with implementing these two programs?

    Rather than repeating your query, let us know what you did and what
    problems you're seeing...

    The anwser to your question is 'yes'.

    --Yan

    --
    o__
    ,>/'_ o__

  3. Re: busybox and udev

    No problems yet; I am just wondering if its possiable to get the two
    working together. Sorry didn't mean to repeat myself.

    -Jimmie

  4. Re: busybox and udev

    On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 16:27:29 -0800, jimi_xyz@hotmail.com wrote:

    > No problems yet; I am just wondering if its possiable to get the two
    > working together. Sorry didn't mean to repeat myself.

    Read the archives at busybox.net. Lots of good info there on
    udev/devfs/mdev and busybox....

    I run a 2.4 kernel, busybox 1.1.0pre, and devfs+devfsd, with no problems....

    --
    o__
    ,>/'_ o__
    (_)\(_) ,>/'_ o__
    Yan Seiner, PE (_)\(_) ,>/'_ o__
    Certified Personal Trainer (_)\(_) ,>/'_ o__
    Licensed Professional Engineer (_)\(_) ,>/'_
    Who says engineers have to be pencil necked geeks? (_)\(_)

  5. Re: busybox and udev

    aight im running the 2.6.13 kernel w/ slackware; I looked on
    busybox.net didn't really see an article on udev, but will look harder.

    thank you,
    jimmie

+ Reply to Thread