QT without X11 / GTK - Embedded

This is a discussion on QT without X11 / GTK - Embedded ; Hi All, I am a Linux newbie...and i am involved directly in the linux development for the embeded systems. I would really appreciate if someone helps me out with these issues. One of our clients has got a embedded system ...

  1. QT without X11 / GTK

    Hi All,

    I am a Linux newbie...and i am involved directly in the linux
    development for the embeded systems. I would really appreciate if
    someone helps me out with these issues.

    One of our clients has got a embedded system without any X11 / GTK. We
    have to put QT into this system now. My questions are:

    1. Is it possible to integrate QT without X11/ GTK?
    2. I have read in the newsgroups that for these kind of development, we
    have to use QT/Embedded instead of QT? Is it so?
    3. Can someone provide me with links or references to the sites or
    groups where i can find some solutions?

    Thanks in Advance...
    Giri

  2. Re: QT without X11 / GTK

    Kerri wrote:

    > 1. Is it possible to integrate QT without X11/ GTK?

    GTK is a different widget set from Qt.... One doesn't need the other.

    > 2. I have read in the newsgroups that for these kind of development, we
    > have to use QT/Embedded instead of QT? Is it so?

    Yes. It runs directly on a framebuffer w/ no X. You do need
    functioning framebuffer hardware, though...

    > 3. Can someone provide me with links or references to the sites or
    > groups where i can find some solutions?

    trolltech.com

+ Reply to Thread