pppd dialin & dialout - Embedded

This is a discussion on pppd dialin & dialout - Embedded ; Hi, on my embedded system (PC/104 i486 busybox uclibc) I'm able to use pppd for dialin or dialout using different scripts. I would like to setup pppd (without using mgetty) so that it can accept a call and dialout when ...

  1. pppd dialin & dialout

    Hi,

    on my embedded system (PC/104 i486 busybox uclibc) I'm able to use pppd for
    dialin or dialout using different scripts.

    I would like to setup pppd (without using mgetty) so that it can accept a
    call and dialout when needed.

    Is that possible in anyway ?

    Thanks
    Winfried

  2. Re: pppd dialin & dialout

    On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.embedded, in article
    , Winfried Mevenkamp wrote:

    >I would like to setup pppd (without using mgetty) so that it can accept a
    >call and dialout when needed.

    As far as pppd is concerned, this is no problem. Where the problem lies
    is the serial link. You need to have something monitor the link for
    incoming calls and when one occurs start pppd, while at the same time
    be able to originate calls outbound and then hand off the working link
    to pppd in either case.

    That's a serial programming problem, not pppd.

    Old guy

+ Reply to Thread