I'm trying to set up my final build environment....

I am cross-compiling qt embedded among other things...

How do I go about setting up all of the assorted --prefix vars so that
the build finds the correct ARM libs and installs in the correct place,
but the binaries then contain the correct paths?

So... Let me explain a bit.

My qte source is in /usr/local/src/qt*.

My target file system is in /usr/local/arm

If I configure with

-prefix /usr/local/arm/

then that entire path gets hard-coded in the qt binary... But I can't
just give it / as prefix since that will hose my build box...

This problem is not unique to qt; I have the same issues with other
binaries...

How have people resolved this?

Basically I need a xbuildinstalldir and an execdir that are different....

Thanks,

--Yan