Linux tty keyboard driver... - Embedded

This is a discussion on Linux tty keyboard driver... - Embedded ; I have written a driver to read an external switch array. I need to insert these key presses as standard key codes into the tty keyboard buffer. Can someone explain how to do this?...

  1. Linux tty keyboard driver...

    I have written a driver to read an external switch array. I need to
    insert these key presses as standard key codes into the tty keyboard
    buffer. Can someone explain how to do this?

  2. Re: Linux tty keyboard driver...

    twgray ha scritto:
    > I have written a driver to read an external switch array. I need to
    > insert these key presses as standard key codes into the tty keyboard
    > buffer. Can someone explain how to do this?

    Hi Terry,
    how are you ?

    You can take a look at this keyboard driver.
    http://www.koansoftware.com/it/art.php?art=37

    HTH
    --
    Marco Cavallini
    Koan s.a.s. - Bergamo - ITALIA

  3. Re: Linux tty keyboard driver...

    twgray wrote:

    > I have written a driver to read an external switch array. I need to
    > insert these key presses as standard key codes into the tty keyboard
    > buffer. Can someone explain how to do this?

    You could translate the key presses into corresponding PS/2 (scan code
    set 1) bytes and pass them to handle_scancode() which is part of your
    normal keyboard handler.

    --
    Wil

  4. Re: Linux tty keyboard driver...

    On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 07:09:26 -0800, twgray wrote:

    > I have written a driver to read an external switch array. I need to
    > insert these key presses as standard key codes into the tty keyboard
    > buffer. Can someone explain how to do this?

    google for kbde and kbdd

    kbde uses a kernel module to inject keypresses into handle_scancode as
    someone suggested; kbdd uses /dev/uinput so no kernel module is needed.

    --Yan

    --
    o__
    ,>/'_ o__