BDM programming tool for coldfire - Embedded

This is a discussion on BDM programming tool for coldfire - Embedded ; Hi all, I'm starting to use a Coldfire 5329 and I'm trying to setup my toolchain in a linux box. To program the flash I got a USB programmer from P&A http://www.computer-solutions.co.uk/chipdev/pandeCF.htm (Multilink USB), but the provided software is for ...

  1. BDM programming tool for coldfire

    Hi all,

    I'm starting to use a Coldfire 5329 and I'm trying to setup
    my toolchain in a linux box.

    To program the flash I got a USB programmer from P&A
    http://www.computer-solutions.co.uk/chipdev/pandeCF.htm
    (Multilink USB), but the provided software is for Windows.

    Do you know any reference to use this programmer from
    Linux - it would be the only piece of software running on
    Windows - and I prefer to have everything on linux!

    Eventually, there are other programming tools/solution
    which use software running on Linux?

    thanks
    giammy

  2. Re: BDM programming tool for coldfire

    > I'm starting to use a Coldfire 5329 and I'm trying to setup
    > my toolchain in a linux box.
    >
    > To program the flash I got a USB programmer from P&A
    > http://www.computer-solutions.co.uk/chipdev/pandeCF.htm
    > (Multilink USB), but the provided software is for Windows.
    >
    > Do you know any reference to use this programmer from
    > Linux - it would be the only piece of software running on
    > Windows - and I prefer to have everything on linux!
    >
    > Eventually, there are other programming tools/solution
    > which use software running on Linux?

    We at Koan use Lauterbach debugger that run with both Win and Linux :-)

    Ciao

    --
    Marco Cavallini
    Koan s.a.s. - Bergamo - ITALIA

  3. Re: BDM programming tool for coldfire

    Marco Cavallini wrote in news:dtkp5k$oge$2@newsread.albacom.net:

    >> I'm starting to use a Coldfire 5329 and I'm trying to setup
    >> my toolchain in a linux box.
    >>
    >> To program the flash I got a USB programmer from P&A
    >> http://www.computer-solutions.co.uk/chipdev/pandeCF.htm
    >> (Multilink USB), but the provided software is for Windows.
    >>
    >> Do you know any reference to use this programmer from
    >> Linux - it would be the only piece of software running on
    >> Windows - and I prefer to have everything on linux!
    >>
    >> Eventually, there are other programming tools/solution
    >> which use software running on Linux?

    > We at Koan use Lauterbach debugger that run with both Win and Linux :-)
    >
    > Ciao

    Check this out, it works well. I'm using the BDM tools in both Windows and Linux.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/bdm
    -Z

+ Reply to Thread