How to get Daemon to dump core on segfault - Embedded

This is a discussion on How to get Daemon to dump core on segfault - Embedded ; Hi, I've built an embedded linux system that runs out of CompactFlash. There are 4 daemon processes that handle the application-specific functionality. For help with debugging, I'd like to configure the daemons to dump core if there is a segfault. ...

  1. How to get Daemon to dump core on segfault

    Hi, I've built an embedded linux system that runs out of CompactFlash.
    There are 4 daemon processes that handle the application-specific
    functionality. For help with debugging, I'd like to configure the daemons
    to dump core if there is a segfault. I can do this when running the daemon
    in the foreground with 'ulimit -c unlimited'. Does anyone here know how to
    configure this automatically? The daemons are started from init and the
    rcS script (Busybox).

    Any tips are appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Mark

  2. Re: How to get Daemon to dump core on segfault

    In article ,
    Mark wrote:
    >Hi, I've built an embedded linux system that runs out of CompactFlash.
    >There are 4 daemon processes that handle the application-specific
    >functionality. For help with debugging, I'd like to configure the daemons
    >to dump core if there is a segfault. I can do this when running the daemon
    >in the foreground with 'ulimit -c unlimited'. Does anyone here know how to
    >configure this automatically? The daemons are started from init and the
    >rcS script (Busybox).
    >
    >Any tips are appreciated.

    man setrlimit

    --