mdev.conf for handling Multiple USBs - Embedded

This is a discussion on mdev.conf for handling Multiple USBs - Embedded ; Hi, I am using multiple USBs in small Linux embedded system. whenever I plug-In USB mdev creating the node in any of sd[a-z][1-9]. I want to map the each USB to my desired name. As of now I am using ...

  1. mdev.conf for handling Multiple USBs

    Hi,
    I am using multiple USBs in small Linux embedded system.
    whenever I plug-In USB mdev creating the node in any of sd[a-z][1-9].
    I want to map the each USB to my desired name.
    As of now I am using below rule in mdev.conf
    sd[a-z][1-9]* root:disk 0660 @ln -sf $MDEV USB

    Now the problem with below scenarios.

    1) first I connected one USB,suppose it mapped to sda1
    at this stage USB pointing to sda1
    USB->sda1
    2) when I connect next USB,suppose it mapped to sdb1
    at this stage USB pointing to sdb1
    USB->sdb1

    I am missing the 1) device soft link after switch on 2).

    Is there any way to map linux default drives to my desired names in
    user space????

    Thanks in Advance

    Siva

  2. Re: mdev.conf for handling Multiple USBs

    If the devices are file systems, auto-mounting according to volume names
    instead of device names
    is the easiest way to have them mounted to the desired mount points.

    > Is there any way to map linux default drives to my desired names in
    > user space????

    Symlinks

    -Michael

  3. Re: mdev.conf for handling Multiple USBs

    On Sep 22, 2:47*pm, Michael Schnell
    wrote:
    > If the devices are file systems, auto-mounting according to volume names
    > instead of device names
    > is the easiest way to have them mounted to the desired mount points.
    >
    > > Is there any way to map linux default drives to my desired names in
    > > user space????

    > Symlinks
    >
    > -Michael

    Try udev. In udev u may create names as u like for ur device.

    -SG

+ Reply to Thread