Any open schematics for a PDA or UMPC or digital photo frames out there? - Embedded

This is a discussion on Any open schematics for a PDA or UMPC or digital photo frames out there? - Embedded ; Any open schematics for a PDA or UMPC or digital photo frames out there for a Linux based device? I want to do a cost evaluation. TIA...

  1. Any open schematics for a PDA or UMPC or digital photo frames out there?

    Any open schematics for a PDA or UMPC or digital photo frames out there
    for a Linux based device?

    I want to do a cost evaluation.

    TIA

  2. Re: Any open schematics for a PDA or UMPC or digital photo framesout there?

    You might want to take a look at this:

    http://www.altera.com/products/devki...-embedded.html

    The kit has an touchscreen LCD, an SD-card slot etc. Of course it does
    come with schematics and everything necessary to get it going.

    I do work with the "NEEK" Kit and run uCLinux on same.

    If you want to construct a digital photo picture screen you just need to
    strip off everything that is not necessary.

    As all complex hardware is in a quite cheap FPGA (You can use a much
    smaller/cheaper version if you only want to do a digital photo frame), I
    suppose this is a very appropriate base for that development task.

    -Michael

  3. Re: Any open schematics for a PDA or UMPC or digital photo framesout there?

    7 wrote:
    > Any open schematics for a PDA or UMPC or digital photo frames out there
    > for a Linux based device?
    >
    > I want to do a cost evaluation.
    >
    > TIA

    Hi!

    Plaese take a look on:

    http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner

    http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_Fr...GTA02_Hardware
    Quote: "...Board layout [1] and schematics [2] for Neo FreeRunner have
    been published, PDF format..."

    http://wiki.openmoko.org/

    Glenn

+ Reply to Thread