linux for PXA255 platform - Embedded

This is a discussion on linux for PXA255 platform - Embedded ; Hi, I have a development kit from voipac and I tryed to build the linux kernel. The most important was to run the linux from RAM not flash. I built the system and loaded to the kit. Everything was OK ...

  1. linux for PXA255 platform

    Hi,

    I have a development kit from voipac and I tryed to build the linux kernel.
    The most important was to run the linux from RAM not flash. I built the
    system and loaded to the kit. Everything was OK and the system started but
    the root filesystem was taken from flash. I would like to build the kernel
    with ramdisk but I don't know how to do it for this processor. I will be
    greatefull for suggestions.

    regards
    Jacek

  2. Re: linux for PXA255 platform

    Jacek wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a development kit from voipac and I tryed to build the linux kernel.
    > The most important was to run the linux from RAM not flash. I built the
    > system and loaded to the kit. Everything was OK and the system started but
    > the root filesystem was taken from flash. I would like to build the kernel
    > with ramdisk but I don't know how to do it for this processor. I will be
    > greatefull for suggestions.

    it does not depend which cpu you use, just switch on the ramdisk in the
    kernelconfig. but use a good bootloader and the newest possible kernel!
    in the past (especially 2.4.19...) there where nasty bugs with ramdisk
    and pxa255.
    best would be u-boot & 2.6.14...

+ Reply to Thread