BSP n OS - Embedded

This is a discussion on BSP n OS - Embedded ; Can any one tell me what the difference between BSP and OS? How BSP works? If we are haveing some protocals like Ethernet in our BSP, is it initilize before OS initilised? pls give BSP work flow order? thanX in ...

  1. BSP n OS

    Can any one tell me what the difference between BSP and OS?
    How BSP works?
    If we are haveing some protocals like Ethernet in our BSP, is it
    initilize before OS initilised?
    pls give BSP work flow order?

    thanX in adv!

  2. Re: BSP n OS

    You can think of the OS as the "generic" part of the operating system
    and the BSP as the specific part for you hardware. That is, the OS code
    will be used by many different hardware platforms but the BSP will be
    specific for a particular CPU board. The BSP usually sets things up in
    a fahsion that the OS will be able to use so chances are the problems
    lie in the BSP if it is a mature OS.

    Hope that helps.

+ Reply to Thread